Overbury nice white and orange 1990?

xxnick1975":4ht0b6xw said:
Nice one, hope you like it especially given handing over the Euclid!!! :shock:

Like I said it hurt a bit after collecting the parts over all those years , but its a fairly rare frame set not many pioneers had the straight forks, I'm more than happy with it, plus my mate is stoked ! He's Been in his loft all afternoon digging things out,
it's not that small a frame, I'm over six foot and it fits me fine we offered up the 89 frame next to it and if anything the orange one is a tad bigger, I think the bars will have to go as we'll as the levers and shifter, I'll fit a Paul duo lever an upside down grip shirt and an front XT2 thumbshifter so I can ride it properly, might change to a slightly more angled stem as well, BITD it was all tall seat posts and low long stems, but I'm old and battered now !

xxnick1975":3cyu1sj8 said:
Sounds great, can't wait to see its development. Glad those bars are going, they dont look right at all

You are right they just don't fit, plus I can't use them as designed anyway !
There's a possibility I may change the colour scheme as well although I joked earlier I may get a sticker that says "Built in Bristol and runs like Clockwork" if it stays orange and white !
I know a few people here liked the colours but I'm tempted to do a similar version of the 89 frame that was scalloped in charcoal and silver as it looked great and I always fancied a red version of that.

Bryncrug72":24vm73bo said:
xxnick1975":24vm73bo said:
Sounds great, can't wait to see its development. Glad those bars are going, they dont look right at all

You are right they just don't fit, plus I can't use them as designed anyway !
There's a possibility I may change the colour scheme as well although I joked earlier I may get a sticker that says "Built in Bristol and runs like Clockwork" if it stays orange and white !
I know a few people here liked the colours but I'm tempted to do a similar version of the 89 frame that was scalloped in charcoal and silver as it looked great and I always fancied a red version of that.

Im stoked both you and your friend got what they wanted... :cool:

And that has to be the coolest thing I have heard for a long time.....
"HAND-built in Bristol and runs like CloCkWoRk".

That has just got to be YOUR signature surely..... AWESUM.... :cool:

To be Fair.....If only Andy P, hand run an AD campaign with that....., That would have made a Lengendary Advert.

I took your advice !

I'd like to speak to Andy again if only to find out the details on this frame.
It's a shame the way Overbury's went !
I'll upload the pictures tomorrow in a new thread, the frame is in great condition a few small spots of corrosion, but nothing bad and under that horrible seat cover was a pristine white Rolls saddle !

Bryncrug72":37ik7qwa said:
I took your advice !

I'd like to speak to Andy again if only to find out the details on this frame.
It's a shame the way Overbury's went !
I'll upload the pictures tomorrow in a new thread, the frame is in great condition a few small spots of corrosion, but nothing bad and under that horrible seat cover was a pristine white Rolls saddle !

Cool, mate, And Jammy with the Rolls.....Lol.

Please don't be afraid to add it to the British Steel thread too... :cool:

Back