York trials new bus warning sytem

Interesting. Totally flawed from an implementation perspective as the bus driver will still need to take into account cyclists without the sensor both in the immediate and long-term; essentially making those with a sensor redundant.

Cyclist should give the bus plenty of room, give them priority and overtake on the outside - it's not like it's a new concept that buses need to pull in regularly? Putting money in proper well designed cycle lanes and bus driver training would have more benefit.

I for one would not pay to use such a piece of technology when I want a clean cockpit, count every gram on the bike and have concerns of radiation affecting the Di2 ;-)

Sounds a bit bent to me. If cyclists can't keep out the way of the biggest things on the road they probably shouldn't be on the road at all.

Other than trying to undertake a bus approaching (i.e. pulling over into) a stop I can't see any other time I'd be in danger from a bus. And for obvious reasons I wouldn't try to undertake one in that situation.

Just how stupid are some people? And why can't they take responsibility for themselves instead of trying always to pap the blame onto some bus driver?

Back