The Opposite of a Klein Lover

Do Klein haters "hate" the bike or mostly some of the owners with their sometimes pointless discussions about colors, painters and indeed S/N's ? :mrgreen:

NeilM":26t9bl7d said:
I'm completely indifferent towards Klein's.

They have a certain style, and for a little while back in the 90's I rather fancied a Mantra, but these days I'm pretty 'meh' about the whole brand.

Sums up me about them, really. As a brand and a bike, I'm ambivalent.

But... as art, photos, paintjobs - looking at pictures of them? I think some are simply gorgeous. True bike art.

Do I want to own one, though? Absolutely not. That's not because I'm a hater, they just have nothing I want, in terms of being a bike. But I do like to look at them.

I rather like Kleins, probably because I've never owned one.
And also probably based on my only Klein encounter, a quick ride on a Dolomite Attitude around 1992, I remember being blown away by how light and lively it felt (in comparison to my Claud Butler).
No doubt if I rode one today it would seem less impressive than it did back then.

I think the only thing going for the older Klein bikes is their paintwork, now that was something impressive! and something you rarely see today on modern bikes.

Fantastic looking bikes , attention to detail and those smoothed welds and beautiful paint jobs, but there is only one problem for me .. they are all made out of aluminum

xxnick1975":vu3ez0k9 said:
A de-Klein?

spot on!

I love mine to look at but there is something so unappealling about riding with my arse 50cm above my head on a bike so rigid that your teeth fall out. I blame my age

From a retailers point of view, there were two types of customer......

Those that came and bought a Klein, and those that came and bought a Bontrager, both customers were totally different..., and to be fair it was the Bontrager rider that was always at the start of the ride waiting for the off at 8am on a sunday morning Regardless of the weather.

I have always liked Klein, but the above kinda always summed it up for me really.....!

pete_mcc":2v05280w said:
xxnick1975":2v05280w said:
A de-Klein?

spot on!

I love mine to look at but there is something so unappealling about riding with my arse 50cm above my head on a bike so rigid that your teeth fall out. I blame my age

Rubbish You are not that OLD.

For looks Klein clicks all my buttons, for a riding i'd take steel thank you.

Of course my Klein riding experience consists of 10 minutes trail time, 20 some odd years ago.....

Back