Pedals with toe clips - What shoes do you wear?

Thanks - i have been looking for 6 months and, as yet, nothing - plenty for the small footed person though!!!

Richard

Thanks for the link but (there has to be a BUT) they are too new!!!

If you come across anything similar, i would appreciate a call - there will be a beer/lemonade/tea/coffee in it for the finder!

Richard

I had a run out at the weekend wearing my new Quoc Pham Fixed shoes. As I noted these were fairly expensive but hopefully will last for a good while and I couldn’t find anything else that I liked as much – except perhaps for Dromarti – which are even more spendy. And they are very nice, well made with good quality materials; the soles are a good deal stiffer than my old trainers, which is an improvement. Of course they’re not as comfortable as the old ones yet. So, recommended for those looking for lightweight retro looking shoes.

Would this shoe pass for use on vintage rides if paired with vintage pedals/clips/straps?

Giro_Empire2_S_Black_Hero.jpg

I bought a pair of Shimano MT22 MTB shoes about 3 years ago, and have worn them (without cleats) on several retro rides this summer, including L'Eroica.

I think they are great, they are comfortable, have a sole that is quite stiff but you can also walk in, and they lace up (rather than velcro) so they look at least reasonably retro. They are also very solid, despite three years of heavy use they are still going strong (although also smelling strong by now). With the SPDs, they also make a good spare shoe for MTB or road riding.

I don't like everything Shimano make, but I can't complain about these.

I know several CX riders used to wear footy boots with the front studs removed and a cleat nailed on. Pre SPDs of course. I seem to remember 1 chap who left the front studs and used flat pedal. Good fro running.

Back