External Battery Bank for iPhone.

retroracer":1738xvci said:
solar-powered%20fan%20cap.JPG

Cool hat.

i can activate a power saving mode on my nokia which allows much longer tracking times. I have found a solar charger that will run a phone on ebay, about £35 & a good 6-8" square. Coul be mounted on a pannier rack, back pack etc.

Hi Guy's,

Well thanks for all the response, some interesting views, I think that generator is probably a tad OTT but I can see the idea behind that..lol

So, just to finish off, I did eventually get the 5000mAh external pack, I've been using it now for a week and I'me really more than pleased with the results..

After a few pre-conditioning charges to get the pack up to full capacity, the pack exceeds my expectations, even with my phone's battery practically depleted I can still use strava for all of the days ride activity whilst keeping the phone switched on to track my progress, answer or make calls if need be and at the end of my ride the phone is completely charged with plenty of charge left in the pack to last all week for other sessions as well as charging my wife's phone too.. Result..

Really happy with that, for £11.49 job done and would certainly recommend it to anybody else who may be thinking of doing the same. The battery pack is small and descreet enough to slip into your jersey packet without any fuss.

I must say that this is a good active forum, always somebody comes back with a solution.

Thanks again for all your advice,

Regards Paul.

Hi could you post a link to your choice please? Been following this as I have a 4s and cyclemeter. Thanks

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For those who are following this thread, and are interested ;

ebay seller ID - e-battery11 (11860)

5000mAh 2 USB Black Portable iPad iPhone 4 4S MP3 Power Bank Battery Charger UK

£11.49

The black power bank with 3 led's top right corner..

Incidentally, I have seen much higher capacity power banks for similar price, the only thing is to watch how much current is flowing into your phone whilst charging from the pack, 500mAh - 1 amp output from the pack into the iphone is about right, any more and the charging components on your phone will start to slowly cook, get hot and eventually fail..

Just something to bear in mind..

I'me still happy with the pack, it's doing more that I need..

I was in sainsburys the other night, and saw that they had a juice power cube (ext battery pack) reduced from 29.00 to 8.99 - might do the ob for you.

I was looking into this sort of thing, but my loverly wife sorted out the problem by buying me a garmin for my birthday!

Back