What paint to use?

Cheesenegg

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I recently purchased a dynatech mt4 frame with the view to building it up - I want to refinish it but am planning on aerosols - for 2 reasons - 1 powdercoat uses high temp and am nervous about it effecting glue in frame lugs , and 2 little bit of pride on a achieving something nice for myself rather than paying for it!

I know powder coat is better but if we assume that my rattle can skills are good and that powdercoat doesn't exist - then can anyone recommend a paint that has lasted well against chips and scratches?

Hoping not to get shot down for saying this - but not keeping original colour scheme so I could go with any paint type or brand.

Thanks in advance

Mal........

Hi
I live in Norway so my advice may not be relevant for you but here we can get two component spray cans and if needed these come with custom colors.
The can have a switch in the bottom and when turned the two components are in contact and can be mixed in the regular fashion, you have to use the whole can in one session. Here these cans costs about 20 GBP. Probably if you can locate a good paint shop they will have them.

Hi this sounds like it may be what we call 2 pack in the uk - I think t
his is common on cars - has anyone else tried this stuff?

Thanks for the reply!

You are limited to Halfords or A1 Motor Spares for paint these days. Wilkinsons own is like spraying cheese, Plasticote isnt worth the tin it comes in...

Painter's Touch is expensive but not too bad

Krylon is good if you can find it.

Keep it warm and keep it clean!

Back