Tubeless tyres...some dumb questions!

The Bontrager MudX is a brilliant tyre for all soft conditions. It comes as Tubeless ready (TLR) so you will need Stans sealant as with any tubeless ready. You might need to pump them up a bit come springtime...

Ignore my last question about rims - lazy reading / posting on my phone.

If you're running tubeless in your current rims, I assume they're tubeless jobbies so those Maxxis should work OK. You may need to use a bit of extra sealant at first but judging my most people's experiences they should be fine. Your current valves should be OK too unless they're leasing or are damaged.

If you can afford to buy new tyres, buy some proper tubeless ones.

If you can't, then buy some extra sealant and use your existing ones.

Most 'normal' tyres will work with a tubeless setup, but as has been mentioned further up, you might find that you'll need to use more sealant as the tyre sidewalls might leak a little to begin with.

Rims are more important than tyres IME - Stans rims are easy whereas some others require the rim bed building up or using rim strip. I've had no problems with non-tubeless Conti tyres on Stan's Crest rims. Had to use a ghetto rimstrip with my P35 rims though.

a roll of Gorilla tape makes any rim tubeless . but the pain in the but is to get the valve to seat properly .
any tyres can be tubeless , but as said above some rim/ tyres combination work better than others .

you will need some latex sealant . and a compressor helps too .

Latest posts

Back