Sod off

took 5 hours after a serious head on collision with a car at 45mph for them to get me into xray. even though it was obvious leg and arm were broken and was a huge possibility I had spinal injuries/broke some ribs etc.

though police weren't much better. 4 hours to call my mom. even though her phone number was in my phone as emergency contactmom and it was on a piece of paper inside my pocket.

really like his recumbent, shame mine will never be as good as that, what sorta speed you get average on it ? also how easy was it adjusting from normal style bikes to recumbent?

I remember back when I was a kid/teenager. well must have been about 10 years ago now. (s**t that makes me feel old :LOL: ) and going to A+E after a mountain bike accident. spent half an hour cleaning gravel out of my knee with a toothbrush, then sent me to another hospital because my wrist was in pain and their x ray department was closed. so after another half hour trip I had to wait 5 hours to be seen whilst sitting in absolute agony. think I had my dressings changed 3 times in 8 hours my knee wouldnt stop bleeding.

luckily it was only a fracture so 6 weeks in a cast sorted my wrist. suffering big time with my knee though, never was right after the accident (although they did bend a funny way whilst sliding 100 yards down a hill on gravel) ironic thing was it was nearly exactly a year after Id done the exact same thing :LOL:

but anyway back to TVs. Ive got a 19" flatscreen in my room for the xbox (yes Im getting GTA but Im not paying £40 for it, I'll wait until its cheaper, wouldnt catch me waiting outside a game shop at midnight-bloody idiots they are, especially the ones on the radio/news saying they'd taken time off work to play it :roll: ) and a 28/32" old big backed one in the lving room which was free. Id rather spend that sort of money on a new car. my little polo cost me £200 so imagine what I could find with that sort of money. Im thinking 1980s toyota celica ;) or nissan silvia s12/s13.

got a 19 inch portable in my room, £10 from cash gen, ps2. does me.

got my granddad a 1.6 citroen Picasso last year, 45,000 miles just needed tyres and it went through the mot. £175 :) believe my uncle now has the car but some right bargains to be had :)

MarinMartin":2s102kim said:
I remember back when I was a kid/teenager. well must have been about 10 years ago now. (s**t that makes me feel old :LOL: ) and going to A+E after a mountain bike accident. spent half an hour cleaning gravel out of my knee with a toothbrush, then sent me to another hospital because my wrist was in pain and their x ray department was closed. so after another half hour trip I had to wait 5 hours to be seen whilst sitting in absolute agony. think I had my dressings changed 3 times in 8 hours my knee wouldnt stop bleeding.

luckily it was only a fracture so 6 weeks in a cast sorted my wrist. suffering big time with my knee though, never was right after the accident (although they did bend a funny way whilst sliding 100 yards down a hill on gravel) ironic thing was it was nearly exactly a year after Id done the exact same thing :LOL:

but anyway back to TVs. Ive got a 19" flatscreen in my room for the xbox (yes Im getting GTA but Im not paying £40 for it, I'll wait until its cheaper, wouldnt catch me waiting outside a game shop at midnight-bloody idiots they are, especially the ones on the radio/news saying they'd taken time off work to play it :roll: ) and a 28/32" old big backed one in the lving room which was free. Id rather spend that sort of money on a new car. my little polo cost me £200 so imagine what I could find with that sort of money. Im thinking 1980s toyota celica ;) or nissan silvia s12/s13.

Shit my brother had a Toyaota Celica Supra in those days. he let me have a go i hadn't driven yet and rolled it slowely into a hedge :oops: I don't think he's ever had such a snazzy car since, i've never had one.

As to he NHS, they make mistakes and so does the private sector, we have all had some bad experiences as well as some awesome/spectacular experiences, I can tell horror stories about both hospital/GP and Dentistry, but it's not about slagging them off when it goes wrong but finding solutions when it does, I'd prefer a bit of a mixed math NHS than no NHS at all.

Alison

on the flat you will outrun any bike inc roadies like they stand still...on hill its quicker to get off and run.they ride like on rails and corner like it to but you do have to lean in a bit.on a hill over 40 would be easy.its the most fun on two wheels ive ever had..ie no crashing.just not too cheap though..just my basic frame and bits sans the mavic stuff ect was 800 .you can ride all day and not ache too which is a bonus.. :D

gibbleking":22ilholx said:
on the flat you will outrun any bike inc roadies like they stand still...on hill its quicker to get off and run.they ride like on rails and corner like it to but you do have to lean in a bit.on a hill over 40 would be easy.its the most fun on two wheels ive ever had..ie no crashing.just not too cheap though..just my basic frame and bits sans the mavic stuff ect was 800 .you can ride all day and not ache too which is a bonus.. :D
the price of ones built already was what put me off buying one, did a google search and including tools etc I could easily build one myself for 500ish, might even build a small trailer for it and go on a small tour aha, i guess that is a bonus too lol

there arre blu prints on the net for building them..iveseen full sus versions too..id say get one and dont look back..

Back