Winter Weather guessing game

Yorkshire folk are hardy people, farming stock. They tend to have themselves ready for the snow, which they do get in spades.

I bought and sold a lot of 4x4s out of season, and two of my happiest hunting grounds were Yorkshire and Cornwall.

Bring it on! Well, don't bring it on just yet, we haven't got our 4x4s on the road yet, trying to time it right for selling them next year. Mind you, we have access to a fleet of Argocats if it gets really rough! (But they don't have heated suspension seats and air con!)

Isaac_AG":1bgnm81l said:
I guess Canadians despair at us wimpy Brits complaining about a couple of cm's of snow

You need a 1500 sq. ft. (10 car) driveway to shovel. That'll harden you up right quick.

Feb8-3_zpsdc46491c.jpg

One things for sure, its gonna be another tough winter. Looking forward to giving the golf up and riding through it though for the first time in 15yrs :twisted:

A fair amount of the weather models for the UK are indicating a trend towards a bloody cold winter, which is a bit worrying for us here on the farm the lack of rain in the summer combined with low springtime temps has meant that we haven't the quantity of silage cut this year that we normally need, first time in years Dai has used fertiliser on the silage fields to boost the growth for a late cut. It's going to be an interesting winter especially in the light of the shop not generating any real profit this Summer so job hunting is a priority now.

Back