Seatpost Wicki??

Ok, so I've got started:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/MTB_Frame_Database

I also created a page for road bike frames while I was at it, though I didn't stick details in as I assume the categories in the table might want to be changed:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/Road_Frame_Database

So, is there any other information people feel should be included in the table? Headtube angle, seat tube angle, chainstay length?

I just stuck in a couple of lines of detail as an example. I thought about creating a separate table for each manufacturer, but as the table's sortable it should matter too much if it gets massive, but if people feel it should be broken down that's fine - the advantage of it all being in one table is you can check all the frames of different manufacturers that have the same size seat post (useful for ID or ideas of where to find a replacement).

I'll add some more lines when I get time, but if anyone else wants to start putting bikes in go for it! As the table doesn't autosort, if you could put the lines in alphabetically by manufacturer and then by model that would be great, else I'll feel the need to constantly go in and move it all around so it's in order :)

If anyone's not confident putting in the details of their frame feel free to PM them to me and I'll put them in as soon as I get time.

If anyone notices a flaw in how I've done it, shout out and I'll try to correct it before lots of effort goes into filling in the data.

This is already causing me confusion in how/what to add.

Were the 1991 and 1992 GT Zaskar frames the same? I'm sure I've seen people stating their early Zaskar has a 73mm bottom bracket, but mine has a 68mm - was this a difference between '91 and '92 or was there some variety within the first year?

Not sure on your answer but think it'd eventually need a model year for each bike / model as there are so many individual, or incremental changes - a 1982 Stumpjumper is going to be rather different in every way to a '92 one.

Good start :cool:

Yeah, I just thought there might be instances where frames had remained the same for a few years, e.g. 1992-4, but if not then separately works fine too - just however people prefer to do it.

Good work. Will try to add what I know about saracen and finally contribute to the wiki in the next month or so..

It would be nice to add a reference, e.g. a build thread or catalogue link/reference ?

Also remember there is a Chat tab on the wiki for each article. You can post questions idea on there or even constructive arguments ;)

FluffyChicken":2aa1dm93 said:
It would be nice to add a reference, e.g. a build thread or catalogue link/reference ?

Also remember there is a Chat tab on the wiki for each article. You can post questions idea on there or even constructive arguments ;)

I've added references in, it's making the rows a little more crammed, but that might just be the small monitor I'm working on. It's a good idea though, so there's evidence of where people got their data from.

To make a point, there is now more Al Carters listed on this than Konas, Specializeds, Alpinestars,etc (though I'll need to check and add more data to complete the entry).

So get adding any frames you have the details for, or point me in the direction of the data and I'll try to get it added.

@kingoffootball - Top, top work :D

coomber":wvitdb3c said:
Wiki should be pushed more. Potential is massive

Potential is huge, just needs people to get involved...

Back