What would you do?

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
If you received a Pace RC130 handlebar that has hairline cracks going on the length of the bar, a few of them for about an inch each on that you've bought on ebay? Seller described the bar as having a few marks on.

I would not trust it personally and I would contact the seller immediately and say that the bar in your opinion has much more than a few marks it has cracks which were not mentioned :shock:

kermitgreenkona88":2ekh1yte said:
I would not trust it personally and I would contact the seller immediately and say that the bar in your opinion has much more than a few marks it has cracks which were not mentioned :shock:

This is what I have done, just wondered if other people thought I should be asking for a refund and anyone had experience of these bars and problems with them? Gutted as Ive wanted a red one for a long time to match my red pace forks, stem, etc.

I would ask for a refund, they are not as described. Cracks make them unsafe and not fit for their intended use, hence they should be advertised as "for parts or not working".

Not worth the risk mate , get a refund . Even if you fitted them , you would be nervous when using them . Item not as described or fit for purpose .

Rampage":1nvqr2yp said:
How do you know they are cracks?

They aren't just marks, they look like metal fatigue cracks and I can feel them with my nails. I've worked with metal on repairing cars and servicing heating systems to realise when something isn't right, I'm sure this is cracked and not just marked.

Ok, just thought it was strange that they were going lengthways :)

Could it be something to do with the anodising? Anodising will crack if flexed too much.

Rampage":2b8asmz1 said:
Ok, just thought it was strange that they were going lengthways :)

Could it be something to do with the anodising? Anodising will crack if flexed too much.

Think the lengthways cracks are from the bar flexing heavily, as far as from the anodising? I couldn't be 100% sure either way, but would you risk it from the sight of hairline cracks? Im not the lightest person to be bounding round on some maybe about to break bars either at nearly 16 stone. :oops: :LOL: Starting to think these bars were a bad idea, even if they would have been brand new. Would have put them for show only (garage queen), if they weren't cracked.

just sent somthing back myself due to cracks, send them a nice message saying your problem ( dont give them any feed back yet ) tell them you know your stuff an there cracks not scratches, i got my money back , just be nice an d it properly an you should be fine

Back