How to increase air pressure in RockShox Mag 21?

RFC

Dirt Disciple
I just picked up an old RockShox Mag 21. It's apparent that the air pressure needs to be increased. It may need to be overhauled, but I want to try the simplest fix first.

I have found the rebuild manual, which is not entirely clear on the air pressure subject.

My question is, do I increase pressure by inserting the needle into what appears to be a valve in the center of the top assembly or do I need to remove the dust cap and go farther in to get to the valve.

Many Thanks

RFC":38ys1cuv said:
I just picked up an old RockShox Mag 21. It's apparent that the air pressure needs to be increased. It may need to be overhauled, but I want to try the simplest fix first.

I have found the rebuild manual, which is not entirely clear on the air pressure subject.

My question is, do I increase pressure by inserting the needle into what appears to be a valve in the center of the top assembly or do I need to remove the dust cap and go farther in to get to the valve.

Many Thanks

Simply pop off the black cap on the center of the top of the adjuster on each fork leg and insert the needle in the center. It is as simple as that!

dont forget to moisten the needle before you insert it - otherwise you could have damage the valve itself

Back