1991 orange clockwork NOW FINISHED 15/11/08

best club in the world :D

Welcome to come to glentress this sunday if you want to meet up- ment to be a braw day.

Oh aye forgot to mention, watch your back some folk on here would kill for that white stalk stem- love the clockwork by the way looks lush :cool:

Can someone explain how I've missed this thread?? :oops: :oops:

Nice examples of the breed for sure, I must bag me mates orange / white 98. :cool:

Just waiting on wheels to be built and mine will be proper finished too. :D

anyone know the story behind the position of the clockwork decal, it seems to switch places, did orange change one year?

OK, so I'm sad and have too much time, but after a quick look through the cats. here goes.......

1991.....Orange/White Clockwork. 'Orange' TT, 'Clockwork' DT either to the front or centred depending on which way the wind was blowing!

1992.....Orange/White Clockwork. 'Clockwork Ctr. TT, 'Orange Ctr. DT. Plain Colours.... Decals to front of tubes

1993-1994... 'Clockwork' Rear TT, 'Orange' Ctr. DT

1995-1996. Introduction of C16-R. Decal placing same as previous years Clockwork.

1997-1998. Reintroduction of Clockwork. Decals Same location as C16-R and 1993 Clockwork.

I did not do the argos respray and decals but would have thought the chap would have got it right, what other details tell you you have a 1991? Always thought mine was a 1993, it has a bridge conecting the rear stays, does this help :?:

The 'Orange' decal on the top tube would certainly suggest 1991 or earlier.
I'd agree about Argos too. By far the more common position is 'Clockwork' on the top tube, so I'd guess that they copied the original decals else t'other way round would be the more natural place to put them from reference. (Kinda, maybe?).

The random position on the tubes suggests an early frame too, check the 1991 catalogue :shock: .

Think I will need to test the bike with the steel equivalent of "carbon dating" :LOL:

I might get the serial number and ask the nice boys and girls at orange. Off to look at those catalogues- cheers cherrybomb.

If the earlier serial nos. are anything like the later ones, then the first three numbers give the date.

ie. 804..... would be April 1998. and 711.... would be November 1997 etc. ;)

good call, hope you are right, will check the bike tonight. However if the early serial numbers are as ecclectic as the decal placement I may be onto plums (as they say in my neck of the woods :LOL: )

Latest posts

Back