Joe Waugh 531 Road Frame - very stunning!

bobet1955

Dirt Disciple
Joe Waugh; Reynolds 531C Road Frame. Built: 1988–90

A traditional British racing frame, of high quality.
SEE IT HERE: http://brytfor.co.uk/images/joewaughframe.jpg

Seat Tube (centre to centre): 51cm
Top Tube (centre to centre): 54cm
Rear dropout width: 128mm
Wheel size: 700C
Brake drop of 48mm (takes allen key fitting brake calipers)
Seatpost size: 27.2mm
Comes with a Campagnolo headset in very nice condition

A recently purchased seat post bolt is now fitted
and so too is:
A brand new Campagnolo Chorus bottom bracket - 102mm (cost £54 just 2 weeks ago!) not shown in the photographs, as these were taken a few months ago

The frame was built in Dave Yates’ workshop around 1988–90. Dave Yates used to build M Steel and Joe Waugh frames for the M Steel shop in Newcastle.
As with all the frames from Dave’s workshop, it's very nicely built and proportioned.

This is the original paintwork! Please don't expect perfection, but do take particular note of the detailed lining work around the lugs and head tube. There are areas requiring 'touch up', but there is no rust, and a re-spray would probably ruin the authenticity and general character of the frame.
It's definitely in a very useable condition, and looks quite stunning.

£140
Remember, this includes the new Campag Chorus bottom bracket.
plus £25 delivery (or collect free)

Note: I will only charge for the actual delivery cost, so any saving I can make on the estimated cost of £25.00 will be refunded to the successful purchaser.

I thought Mr Stone posted on here as "atb" ?

Block of pics do look famliar though...........

Shaun

Hi Shaun

I am not Mister Stone. The frame was purchased from him about eight months ago, so the pictures are the ones he used when advertising the frame. I can take my own photo's if preferred, but I assure everyone that the frame is exactly as purchased (except that it now has a brand new Campag Chorus bottom bracket!).

It was one frame too many for me, although I did build it into a complete bike with mainly Campag gear, before making the decision to use the components on a newer Shorter Rochford frame.

I hope this helps to clarify the mystery of the 'backing wall'.

John

Back