The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me put a dollar value on my beloved old city-mtb.

It's a Wheeler 7700 from 1992, nicely restored and rebuilt so it works as new. The aluminium frame is in good nick except for some stone chips and color wearing off here and there, and it's still got most of the original parts. It's not a pure mtb anymore as it's converted for the street (although great measures have been taken to pay homage to it's origins)

It still has the original handlebars and Wheeler cage pedals (although I've removed the cages for city riding). The grips are new and so is the saddle. Rims are brand new Mavics and the tyres are Schwalbe Kojaks. It's converted to a 7speed and the gear lever is a NOS Shimano STX from 1998, otherwise everything is pretty much original Deore DX.

I haven't seen these around for a looong time and I guess they're kinda obscure, but I'd really appreciate it if someone had some more info on the bike/it's history and heritage. From what I've heard Wheeler used to make decent frames in the 90's, but equipped them with super parts, which made'em pretty top notch. Anyways, i love this bike to death, but still it would be cool to figure out if it's collectible and worth something, or am i just being sentimental about it? If nothing else, the color is still pretty cool, eh?

EDIT: forgot to mention this, but it also has an epic Shimano carbon brake booster as discussed on the previous page :D

Attachments

• 1377681871520.jpg
    1377681871520.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 569
ultrazenith":2k4yeyd3 said:
No pics at the moment, but just looking for ballpark estimates anyway, to get an idea about whether it would even be worth to sell them.

First generation Shimano servowave V-brake lever (black clamp, silver lever). Only very minor scratches.

Shimano DX V brake cantis (red) front and rear. Some minor scratches. I assume these are relatively rare, but perhaps not quite a sought after as the XTR v brakes.

Modern Hope front QR, steel skewer, anodysed blue. NOS.

Servowave v brake levers about a tenner. They are ten a penny.

DX V brakes, without levers, about £15 a pair, maybe £20 on a good day.

Front QR on its own, i.e. not as a pair with the rear, £10 maybe?

coomber":1ph5pm9w said:
ultrazenith":1ph5pm9w said:
No pics at the moment, but just looking for ballpark estimates anyway, to get an idea about whether it would even be worth to sell them.

First generation Shimano servowave V-brake lever (black clamp, silver lever). Only very minor scratches.

Shimano DX V brake cantis (red) front and rear. Some minor scratches. I assume these are relatively rare, but perhaps not quite a sought after as the XTR v brakes.

15 a pair means front and rear, or 15 for front or rear?

The Hope skewer came with a Hope hub, but was never fitted because I have my Ti control tech bolt on skewer instead.

ultrazenith":13bc4eqj said:
coomber":13bc4eqj said:
ultrazenith":13bc4eqj said:

15 a pair means front and rear, or 15 for front or rear?

The Hope skewer came with a Hope hub, but was never fitted because I have my Ti control tech bolt on skewer instead.

£30 for front and rear (although they arent specificly for front and rear). I.e. both sets.

DX red v's are odd though, as sometimes they sell great and sometimes hang around, seems to be quite a change on them but if me I would try for £15 a pair.

Having a huge clearout at the moment and the poor Chameleon is just sitting there doing nothing at all.

Bought the frame new in 1998 and apart from the forks,bars and stem it is all pretty much how i built it up back then.

SC Chameleon frame in 17"
Hope Bigun hubs on Mavic D321 rims front and rear.
Hope C2 brakes front and rear with 5 bolt discs.
GT 5 bolt cranks.
XT rear Mech
Grip shift
RS Pikes.

All in great condition i think.

Thing is, how much? For either the whole bike or as parts as i would really like to keep the frame for old times sake but will sell for the right price!! :D

Thanks in advance

Dave

IMG_7996 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

IMG_7999 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

IMG_8004 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

IMG_8006 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

IMG_8008 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

IMG_8000 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

kaiser":2xmrek7j said:
I'd say a wee bit more, the Delta with both shocks is pretty cool and would make a nice resto project unfortunately the LX stuff adds no value, I can't comment on the wheelset but the other stuff looks run of the mill as well , I'd say £150-£200. The M2000 is nice as well, bit of a mish mash of parts but the Mani 1's and Caramba cranks are desirable parts, it looks like a splitter to me so £100 for F+F, £100+ for cranks (if they aren't cracked) and depending on condition £60+ for the forks, so an all in price of £250+ would not be unreasonable. I'd be prepared for buyers to ask for loads of pics and for the sellers to scrutinise the frames for cracks, Cannondale do have a rep for cracking.

thanks for the evaluation valuation on my delta V1000
now on ebay.

mamil

nessiemac":ck3mt3et said:
Having a huge clearout at the moment and the poor Chameleon is just sitting there doing nothing at all.

Bought the frame new in 1998 and apart from the forks,bars and stem it is all pretty much how i built it up back then.

GT 5 bolt cranks.
XT rear Mech
Grip shift
RS Pikes.

Thing is, how much? For either the whole bike or as parts as i would really like to keep the frame for old times sake but will sell for the right price!! :D

Thanks in advance

Dave

The joy of semi-modern is that they are common on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... te=1&rt=nc

Frame about £150, parts just look at completed listings on ebay. Easy enough.

Make more in parts, but complete suppose £350 ish.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Any ideas on value of a pair of WTB Velociraptor 2.1's, original one's from late 90s, as new, no cracking, still got caterpillars on, and some Indy S forks, I know they're crap but these are minters, surplus to requirements and want to fund other bits for bike they came off....

coomber":u4vvkjbt said:
nessiemac":u4vvkjbt said:

GT 5 bolt cranks.
XT rear Mech
Grip shift
RS Pikes.

Thanks in advance

Dave

The joy of semi-modern is that they are common on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... te=1&rt=nc

Wow I know a couple of kiddies that would gag big time for that @£350.

Oh! they're my kiddies by the way :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
bugloss":mq7j3jmo said:
coomber":mq7j3jmo said:

Wow I know a couple of kiddies that would gag big time for that @£350.

Oh! they're my kiddies by the way :)

Gag? Sorry for being dumb but good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back