Races, at the Inside park, Blandford 1992-94

Good memory, rio riva was the drink the local brewery were pushing and they were our main sponsor, these are the only images i have, not a lot to show for the work put in..lol

2013-08-20121234_zps18c94a8a.jpg

3486ca66-9a10-4d4c-b261-a4943b528e1f_zpsa79c74df.jpg

2013-08-20121251_zpsea94c488.jpg

mtb2_zps54763c52.jpg

I raced there in 1989 or 90 I think it was, I have some pics, will get them up but won't be for a week or so, good old days! My cousin lived in Blandford and we used to ride alot, through the big school there, Bryanston I think it was called, out to the hills and so on. :D

Cool! I never raced there but I remember doing the trail around the site's perimeter. A friend I was with was on his brother's bike and pancaked a wheel landing out of a bomb-hole! Happy days.

Those were the days when if I crashed I just got up again. These days I always break something (my wrist, currently)

Awesome, I raced the Blandford race a couple of times. I'm on that list from 1993, I think the other year I raced would've been 1992. Always have fond memories of it being one of my favourite races.

Nice!

I knew a couple of the Poole MTB guys and bought my Trek 8500 from them :)

Dennis Thorne was pretty handy as was Mr Stonelake, I raced for the Bournemouth MTB Centre under Mike Humphrey, we weren't as good as you guys but enjoyed racing all the same.

If your interested I have a heap of Dorset races in photos on my Facebook page, look for Rich Matthews based in Wellington New Zealand and I'll add you to my friends.

Those races you organised we're great fun, my favourite being Puddletown, some great hills and descents, funnily enough my brother lives in Puddletown, pretty cute place :)

Cheers

Rich

Those were the days when mtb racing in dorset was really good. I raced all of these races as part of Wessex RC and then the Royce Uk factory team.
Think I have some pics from inside park and puddletown forest-(which was my training ground,and still is as its only 10mins away)

Just scanning through the list of riders from the rio riva-and found myself on there in the juniors!

Hey Stocko,

We probably raced against each other, I used to race cross too, from about 91 through to 92. Friends with Dinger, Dave and Nigel Parkinson on Facebook :)

Rich

I think the early 90's were possibly the best years for xc racing, everything was still fairly new and exciting, sponsors were throwing money at the sport and large numbers of competitors at races.

I work with Nigel Parkinson....just sent you a fb friend request rich

Rich":1i1fonuf said:
Hey Stocko,

We probably raced against each other, I used to race cross too, from about 91 through to 92. Friends with Dinger, Dave and Nigel Parkinson on Facebook :)

Rich
I know all of them too. Rode with Nigel parkinson in the Royce uk team back in 1996-1999
You might have raced against me,I rode mtb in summer,cross in winter.
I'm Paul Stockley,I'll look you up on Facebook

Back