Internal brake cable - which ferrules to use?

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
I'm in the process of fitting a rear brake to my work bike (was fixed, now have a freewheel). The routing looks like this:

20130822_141747.jpg

Can anyone assist?

Use the brake cable ferrule which fits into the hole displayed on your photo. Inside the tube the pure cable must be run.

I don't really understand your question. The whole stuff must be installed as you do for example in a case of a mountain bike. Inner cable, outer cable housing (from the brake lever to the hole of the top tube) with two stops at the both ends of the outer housing.
The inner cable can be pushed in the tube, because the tube must have an inner guide, which will drive the inner cable to the right direction inside.

MartinB123":4afw1di7 said:
I'm in the process of fitting a rear brake to my work bike (was fixed, now have a freewheel). The routing looks like this:

20130822_141747.jpg

Can anyone assist?

Your cable entry point looks the same as my Daccordi and I used to use standard ferrules but was never happy with them. I now have stepped ones like this and they're much better as the outer cable doesn't slop around. I have no idea where they came from though.

9578144866_e784717a45.jpg

Obviously, I have pulled the ferrule out of the cable tube to show the design, it normally sits nice and flush.
Mark.

From memory, Amazon stocks stepped end ferrules - if you require them.

Richard

Back