ALAN Super Frame+Forks 1974/75 Campag Headset and BB

unicanitor

Devout Dirtbag
For sale here is one of the earliest ALAN Super frames from 1974/75, frame number is 250607.

There are no cable guides, derailleur mounts etc. I have fitted a new Campagnolo BB and the frame comes with it's original Campagnolo Record headset (not pictured) which is in excellent condition but will need a service.

Seat tube 52cm CTC, Top tube 53cm CTC, Rear spacing 126mm

The frame is in excellent condition, there are a few marks commensurate with age but nothing untoward, no dings or dents etc it's a beautiful, lightweight frameset. Decals are the original design but reproduction.

Here is the reply from Alberto Falconi ref the frame number:

Hi Thomas,
the frame you have got seems one of the first Alan Super from the 70's. We don't have any record for that serial number because is too old. Maybe it was made on 1974/1975. For that there's no cable guides. I think , in that period, the cables were fixed by some bands only.
The correct decals for that frame should be the black ones.
I remain at your disposal for more infor.
Regards
Alberto Falconi / Alan bikes

Price £185

I am located in Bristol, local pick up welcome or i can post at additional cost.

Did frames of that era have the year of manufacture on the seat tube?

It's certainly one of the earlier ones with bolts through the rear stays and no braze on top tube guides, shufters or rear mech.

GLWTS

Shaun

Nearly there bud. Might be able to organise a pick up.. Good luck with Alan. Gorgeous frame

Midlife":1yzqkz16 said:
Did frames of that era have the year of manufacture on the seat tube?

It's certainly one of the earlier ones with bolts through the rear stays and no braze on top tube guides, shufters or rear mech.

GLWTS

Shaun

Until first years of '80 , Alan frames does not have a date punched on frame.
After this , you can recognize the year by observing the under-seat lug ,right side or left side i don't remember.
The only way to date ALAN frame before 1981, is contact ALberto Falcon..just to know , AL of ALAN stands for ALberto , son of maker.
ciaoooo

Later frames were stamped on the drive side under the seat lug, they can be found pre 1980 like this. The earlier frames were stamped but on the non drive side and on the lug itself with the frame size.

Back