Rossin Pursuit Build

Matt,

Good stuff, as long as you take advice from the pros!!!! As Mr Colnago says, this is a rare frame and you should not take any chances with it. My Rossin is similar but not as rare as yours and i am not willing to take any chances with mine.

I hope the above is polite, apologies if it appears brusk, that is not my intention at all.

I am losing sleep thinking about this frame/bike, as my daughter now says it will be MEGA!!

Richard

Hi Richard,

No, I totally understand the importance of getting advice from professionals. It's a rare frame indeed, but it's also my dream frame that I never thought i'd get, so I wont let anything bad happen to it. It will me MEGA! Hope you get some sleep soon.

Cheers,
Matt

Shame to get rid of that name.

A bike with provenance is a rare thing. I'm totally impressed with the fork however.

Richard: I put some more pictures on your hub thread.

Hi everybody,

A photo of the forks so far. Paint is off, but the steelwork isn't fully clean yet. I've noticed that the original steel wasn't that perfect before the paint was applied. I've noticed a few grooves etc. I guess the thick paintwork was more forgiving back then.

Anyway I've placed the prototype 3D printed handlebar clamps on there to show you what they will be like when they are created in metal. Hopefully sometime in September I am expecting to get these made up by an engineer.

I enjoyed cleaning out the engraved Rossin Logo.

Cheers,
Matt

9564339003_a19bec8f36_c.jpg

bugloss":13ha7d5z said:

A bike with provenance is a rare thing. I'm totally impressed with the fork however.
If you are in contact with the original owner (Kuznetsov/Кузнецов? Can't tell from your posts!), see if its possible to get him to provide a signature (original Cyrillic characters?) or something, then get that put onto the frame under the lacquer.

mattr":2tvbfua2 said:
bugloss":2tvbfua2 said:

If you are in contact with the original owner (Kuznetsov/Кузнецов? Can't tell from your posts!), see if its possible to get him to provide a signature (original Cyrillic characters?) or something, then get that put onto the frame under the lacquer.

I like this idea! I am not in contact with the original owner, just someone who knows him - the guy who sold me the bike. I'm going to try and get in touch although translation so far has been difficult.

I could get a signature, but I can also recreate the original marker pen text. I'll see if I can get hold of Кузнецов first.

Cheers

Have you got the correct shape handlebars?
I saw some for sale locally recently but, I can't for the life of me remember where it was

Back