Old skool DH vid clip

thats an advert for full suspension right there ;) :LOL: :LOL:

some cool old cruiser frames on there.. & is it just me or did people drift around corners a lot more then? .... ah lombard street san fran.. takes me back :D

Great videos.

scant":3nqlar3d said:
.... ah lombard street san fran.. takes me back :D

village%20people.jpg

Reminds me of a video I had years ago called Kamikaze, the famous track down Mammouth Mountain.. There were some serious wipeouts on that vid.. :shock:

It featured on a Saturday morning C4 show called High5 once too..

kingroon":2690raly said:
Reminds me of a video I had years ago called Kamikaze, the famous track down Mammouth Mountain.. There were some serious wipeouts on that vid.. :shock:

It featured on a Saturday morning C4 show called High5 once too..

jimmy knights famous crash when he tried to overtake tinker dong a massive rolling endo & landing on his face. nasty! plus the guy who wiped out on the road crossing into the pay booth. ouch! :shock:

Just picked this up for $10.. Bit later than Kamikaze but never seen it..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kingroon":3gypfarj said:
plus the guy who wiped out on the road crossing into the pay booth. ouch! :shock:

I was the starter for that race, which was the first downhill run on the Mammoth Mountain course. I was at the top of the mountain so I didn't see that crash. The finish line was on the far side of the parking lot from the end of the dirt road, and as riders crossed from dirt to macadam, they spread a layer of sand across the first few feet of the parking lot.

The rider was clearly going to win. No one had gone anywhere near as fast, but when he hit the slippery layer of dirt on top of asphalt, he lost traction, and when he hit the booth, he actually moved it a foot or so.

The video cuts off just before the shower of blood became visible. I have that video, but I don't watch it very often.

stevet1":yiu9sjyw said:
Not sure where this is, but it looks like fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDom2OvK564

The clue is the first few frames, "BTU Rules."

BTU is the Berkeley Trailers Union, a very loose club of dirt riders. Berkeley is just across San Francisco Bay from Marin County, about a half-hour drive from Fairfax, and in '76 when the Repack races started, these guys started showing up within a month or so to take part. They were just like us, downhill crazies who shredded their own hills, and they became regulars at Repack, but they never put on races of their own. I have no idea how they heard about us so quickly, but the Repack races seem to bring like minded riders out of the woodwork.

The first bike shown is a Lawwill-Knight ProCruiser, which dates it around 1980, but it looks like this has been pieced together from several videos. I can barely make out their team shirt on one of the riders.

Latest posts

Back