I think I want an LTS...

when the betd stuff turns up Im actually gonna strip and polish the back end and repaint the front to tidy her up a bit. one thing I was going to say when your considering which to get, the ones like mine tend to be readily available and a decent price too, last week there was a frameset on ebay for £50 buy it now.

Love my LTS, would have a hard time getting rid of it.

as shogun says, the shocks are the biggest PitA. There was a Fox conversion kit floating around on ebay for a ludicrous sum of money. try to get one with the non-trunion mount

Just as a brief (and not entirely accurate) history.
You have the original LTS (1,2,3 etc) that had the titanium linkage at the shock and there was the rare DH version too (bendy seat tube).
then you have the later LTS 1,2,3 team ext with the adjustable linkage thing, along with the DH version (above, still bendy seat tube)).
then 97? they changed to the lts-1000, 2000 etc, this is the one with the curved (as opposed to bendy) seat tube that disappears into the down tube, the DH dual sport ones came with longer shocks like the judy XL triple and stuff.
Then of course there are the STS'...
If you look into the GT catalogues in the archive you can maybe figure it all out.

Doesn't matter if its trunnion or not, because even if you get a non-trunnion one, nobody makes a 5.25x1.25 shock except for Risse. So be sure the shock is operable regardless and if you're buying a '95-96 try and get an LTS-1/LTS-Team (easiest to identify by one piece ti shock linkage) with a Fox ALPS as at least you can buy parts for those.

I miss my LTS dearly!

Should never have sold it back in 2005/6

It is currently down south somewhere, a matt black with gold GT lettering done by Ridley in Belgium sporting a Fox Vanilla RL

keep an eye out for it peeps

I want it back!

adding fuel to the fire....

thebeastisback.jpg

Latest posts

Back