4..5..6..C

Barneyballbags":299xocjk said:
Mindmap3":299xocjk said:
I reckon you may need to loose the bash guard too, bit it depends on the clearances etc. At least it's not an expensive experiment if it doesn't work. That Hope guide is crazy expensive.

Yep, it was pretty pricey. But I bought a Blackspire one before that which was almost half the price and I managed to crack it along 2 of the bolt holes before I'd even used it thanks to the "super tough" plastic which was used with no metal reinforcements. I hadn't even done the bolts up all that tightly because I was super-aware of the plastic!

My Blackspire bash guard died eventually when it split at the bolt holes but it did last a good five years or so on a DH bike. I think of I'm honest,iI properly cranked it up too hard. The lower quide on my E13 has split as well.

If the Superstar guide doesn't work with the bash ring, I'm sure someone else does a guide like the Hope one at a lot less money. I'll have a look to see what I can find.

I have one of those Hope chain guides and its works really well with the Race Face bash guard. I was a bit disappointed with the Shadow Plus rear mech, but a do want to try one of the new wide/narrow chain rings.

Latest posts

Back