2013-08-10 - Pitmedden BBQ Aftermath

Hawmaw":392wktiy said:
I was surprised to see Keith recorded a time of 1:06 on Steep & Deep whereas I did 2:22 ! A huge 1:16 difference over 0.1 miles. However when you look more closely Keith had an elapsed time of 1:06 and a resting time of 0:00. I had an elapsed time of 2:22 and a resting time of 1:18. I didn't come off or stop in the middle of the segment so where did the resting time come from? I can only assume I must have stopped just before the segment ended .

It's very difficult to get segments to start and stop exactly where you want when they are deep in the woods, plus you are a reliant on the jump between sampling points. That's one of my segments and even on full zoom I struggled. I had to choose between before or after the stream and went for after. Consequently if you someone stops and you are still before segment ends, you are screwed. Not that I'm saying Keith did that on purpose to get a better time ;) I fell foul of a similar thing down at Velos when we stopped at the top of a hill, but not at a segment end.

Not uploaded my Strava yet, so I'm still to see how my retro ride stacked up against usual.
Thanks for making the journey Hawmaw, good to put a face to the name.

kaiser":37w00tuh said:
Looks good guys :) so was there nae crashes at all then?!
There's a section called 'Loam Lover', let's just just say I didn't find it very romantic...

Velo has suggested I get some 'This Way Up' decals to finish off the Mary, I think he's on to something :oops:

A few more pics...

DSC_0427.NEF.jpg
DSC_0430.NEF.jpg

DSC_0506.NEF.jpg

DSC_0433.NEF.jpg
DSC_0454.NEF.jpg

DSC_0538.NEF.jpg

DSC_0551.NEF.jpg

DSC_0515.NEF.jpg

DSC_0559.NEF.jpg

DSC_0543.NEF.jpg
DSC_0535.NEF.jpg
DSC_0546.NEF.jpg

And just incase you all think TheKen is a boardwalk emperor...

DSC_0547.NEF.jpg

agreed, the arty one is on form as usual.

ZZ another idea for yer decals....can i suggest adding yer blood type lol.

Christ knows what i punctured on but there were three separate holes in my tube. Also had to remove a couple of shift pins from the middle ring as they were a bit mangled, hopefully that'll cure the chainsuck on downshifts.

Great day folks, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Bikes getting retro Marzocchi Bomber Z3's before its next outing though, even I shall finally hand in the towel with rigid forks. Bike frequently got out of shape on all those tree roots. Started Glencoe bike, Trek Y5, it needs an outing but iDrive waits in the background just in case :roll:
Shattered and in my pit by 10pm last night, fun is such hard work these days :D

Great day out and thanks for keeping an eye on miniKen when microKen decided 5 miles was a segment too far, he did 8 in total including the long fire road back to the car, here is our strava.... http://www.strava.com/activities/73603970

BBQ was again brilliant, it just needed more beer and some chauffeurs to drive us home.

Back