2012 Charge Duster

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked up off the bay last week for a price I was very happy with :)
Spot on size for me, very little used and with a high spec of Elixir 7s, Sram X9, Recons and the top end Charge wheelset, running Stans converted Rocket Rons. Nice Easton stem and carbon bars too :)
So far so good ~ we've done four or five rides around Swinley so far and every time I get it set up a little better in terms of pressures, fit and handling - really starting to enjoy it! I guess the colour's a love or hate thing, but I'm definitely in the former category! Over the next few months, the Sram/Avid stuff will be replaced with Shimano gear ~ might just keep the X9 chainset which seems ok (big gears though, 28/42 as opposed to my Shimano 26/38 ......... feels high, but I seem to cope ok)
Anyway.....so pics if anyone's interested;

Thanks for the comments :) . The pics were taken on the first evening's ride - I couldn't wait to get out and try it. Since then, it's had a few changes to make it more to my liking. The seatpost's been changed for something with some layback and the stems gone from the crazy 60mm to 85mm, which still isn't right. I think it'll settle on 75 eventually. Front mech's been dropped 10mm to correct the shifting and the shifters, rear mech and brakes have all been changed. Never a SRAM fan, now running a brand new pair of Deore M596 brakes (goddam, they're good!), XT rear mech and Deore 10 speed shifters. In time, it'll get Shimano front mech and chainset too. Needed to change the headset and rear hub bearings too, because, although the bike looks almost unused, they were well shagged. Chainstay protector is now in place too; my usual recycled inner tube wrap.
Still very much enjoying it - probably rode 5 days out of 7 last week! :)

Is this one of the Prestige frames?
If so, I had one of these for a few months and really liked it :cool:

Thanks, Coomber :)
Makster - yes, Prestige so better than the earlier Infinity tubed Dusters; super skinny tubes :)

Lovely bikes nice colour.

Used to own one nice steed's noticed the paint chipped very easy though.
IMG00482-20091004-1803.jpg

Some updated photos for any one who might be interested. Now completed the Shimano conversion. XTR front n rear mechs + pedals. SLX shift units, XT chainset & BB. RF carbon post with a new Charge Knife on top, 80mm Titec stem with Sunline carbon bars. Now using Kenda Slant Six tyres which I love; tubeless of course! ;-)
That's it I think..............I can't think of anything else I want to change..............for the time being :)

Back