Really Big Steel Colnago Frame

Oh dear, It's a slippery slope. I had to take an enforced six months off looking, just to save my bank balance.

First week back I bought a De Rosa Super Prestige. :facepalm:

I already have a really big steel Colnago (Master Olympic), but wanted another. However, my secret desire, because Roger de Vlaeminck was my hero, is a Gios Torino. If i can find one of those...my wanderings will be over. I would get in cold set to take 130/modern groupo and be happy!

I'm waiting for a guy to send me photos today. he runs a vintage bike shop in Amsterdam and has a 61cm Gios and 65cm Colnago!

I'll take one of them. Whichever has the best geometry.

Your help has been invaluable.

I almost bought a De Rosa from a guy in France a few weeks ago...but managed to control myself!

A while back now I suppose but could you let me know the contact in Amsterdam? or any other leads...

A am on the hunt for a nice, v. big, classic frame and am losing faith!

Thanks

What do you want RobWJL? I love window shopping.

@Rolling Thunder

You should know, the hunt is never over :D

Think of all those poor bikes on ebay about to be broken up for parts :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That is one nice bike. As I'm just looking for a frame for a build project I can't really justify it. Nor would I want to dismantle such a beauty.

Thanks for the heads up. Please let me know if you see anything else.

Yes thank would be helpful wouldn't it.

I'm after a nice Italian frame, at least 62cm in size ctc. Price range wise I am willing to pay enough for the right frame so will consider most prices.

I've been searching for Colnago, Cinelli sc, pinarello's, etc without much luck,

It's for a long term build project for myself

Back