MacRetro Strava

Well done to Clockworkgazz for his win in the July challenge, with myself a mere 7.6km behind and a suspect Kaiser in 3rd. I think ZZ should be the real 3rd placed rider as Kaiser's shuttled sections from Italy show up as actual mileage. Then again the spirit of the Dirt Search was to ride offroad and ZZ spent most of his miles on the road ( yeah, yeah, sore ribs blah blah blah). Only joking, I know myself how sore sneezing was, never mind off roading.
Remember to sign up for the August challenge, and who is this Dougie that's signed up as a Macretro? Is he a forum member or a friend of someone here?

clubby":bxkrgdam said:
as Kaiser's shuttled sections from Italy show up as actual mileage.

Meh! I'm certain they don't but I'm not going to check, the distance in Italy was irrelevant TBH I wish I could find how to calculate total descent which would be a more apt figure. Anyway is there anther challenge about?

Sorry Dougie, didn't mean to sound rude, I just didn't recognise you as one of the regulars.

Out for a wee ride this morning and came up over a climb I normally do the other way. Been a month since I did it and before that was November. Felt crap and slow but only had to go down as far as granny+1. Plugged in my garmin to strava and low and behold it was my personal best on all the segments up that climb. 30 seconds off last months time on the full climb and a whopping 7 minutes 20 off Novembers. Admittedly the fast time is 16min and I'm doing just under 28 but the improvement is pretty good. I just wish it felt easier, but at least I'm going faster for the same effort.

Also, congrats to ZZ for hitting 250km half way through this months challenge, should be on track form 500 by the end of the month.

Back