Bentley seem to have lost the plot...

Interestingly we saw something that size (ish) with those panels that 'disguise' it driving around in the hills in the West a few months back. A development platform? I would imagine they might base it on a Touareg.

That SUV has been around for a while. It was launched about a year ago.

I've got several friends who work at Bentley in Crewe. Mostly designers and 3-D modellers.
As already stated, Bentley really know their market. Most of which is an overseas customer base.
Ostentatious, brash and British is still a powerful statement for many people, and the order books are full despite the state of the economy.

None of my friends would choose to drive them even if they could afford them. Nice interiors though.

This has been on the drawing board for years. The company I used to work for supplied Bentley with components to test for the prototypes about 5 years ago. The also purchased every high end SUV on the market to see what they could learn from them.

No doubt they will have a steady supply of customers.
If its big & expensive someone with too much money will buy it.

Better looking things have fallen out of my bottom.

Although, not that large... before you ask!!

al.

Seems there is going to be a crowded market, what with Maserati, Lambo and such supposedly releasing SUVs in the near future.

This at a time when there is less and less access to off road terrain.

Not that any of these beasts will ever step tyre off tarmac.

I can't imagine a Bentley being twice as good as a Range Rover.

1) Do I like it - No
2) Would I buy one - No
3) Will it sell - Yes

So I don't think they have losst the plot :D

highlandsflyer":2m0csvu1 said:
I would imagine they might base it on a Touareg.

Too big. The Touareg shares a platform with the Q5. That thing would be based on the Q7's platform.

If I was going for ostentatious, I'd find a LM002 (w. the optional 50 cal. mount). Moar retro.

Back