The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon...Hope I have posted this in the right place :)

I have an Proflex XP8 (you know the one elastomer shocks over oil dampers) and like so many of this design it seems I cant get the elastomers anywhere. I thought about modifying the suspension with more modern springs but I am reluctant to do anything to the bike that will detract from its ridiculous mint condition. It has only been used for one week in the lake district in 1998 and has hung on the garage wall in our home since 2000

I would like to use it again or sell it but, again I have little idea what it is worth.

Any advice please

I have a full XT M739 groupset front and rear mech, chainset and BB, chain, V brakes, combined brake and gear levers, hubs and cassette built onto Mavic X221 rims with Smoke and Dart amber wall tyres, the SPDs of that era were from the XT/XTR group with new cleats. All in perfect working order no real wear.

Would be ideal for a mid 90's retro build, any idea on value?

neilpass":2o9kaebm said:
I have a full XT M739 groupset front and rear mech, chainset and BB, chain, V brakes, combined brake and gear levers, hubs and cassette built onto Mavic X221 rims with Smoke and Dart amber wall tyres, the SPDs of that era were from the XT/XTR group with new cleats. All in perfect working order no real wear.

Would be ideal for a mid 90's retro build, any idea on value?

Brakes £30-35 full set
Chainset £40 depends on wear
F mech £10-13
R mech £20-24
STI £40-50
Cassette <£20

Don't know about the wheels.

TheWookie":dc2k2f1c said:
I am thinking about selling a 1990/91 kona hei hei titanium which I have owned since new. They seem to go for good money what would be a fair price to sell it?

Hi
Please help with a value... details are:
Univega Alpina Comp 1993
Size medium / 18 inch frame, black.
In great original condition.
This bike is regularly used in the lakes and just been to Holland.
1 owner - I bought this bike new in 1993 and have taken good care of it.
Mostly original (unless stated):
Steel Chromoly double butted tubing.
Marzochi Bomber 03 suspension forks (added in late 90's and work superbly, do not have originals).
21speed Shimano drive train.
Deore XT rear mech (will supply the original SunTour mech - changed late 90's, think it's ok but cannot be sure).
Deore DX brakes and shifters.
Front brake changed late 90's to Deore v-brake (original centre pull will be supplied).
Concept seat post, stem, bars & bar ends.
Vetta saddle.
Mavic M231 26" rims on Shimano hubs.
Many thanks!

Thinking of selling my diamondback vertex WCF. All original. Owned it from new in good nick. Try and sell or keep it? value? like this one-

OK folks, need a bit of help with this one. 1993 (I think) Giant Cadex.

My mate has offered me £200 for this, which I think I'll accept by changing:

bars for straight bars
7 spd lx shifters
std 5-arm Shimano chainset
Araya wheels
non-amberwall tyres

Do you think this is OK value for him and me or am I way off the mark?

Attachments

• cadex forks.jpg
    cadex forks.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 352
  • cadex side.jpg
    cadex side.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 352
How much is my perfect spooky bandwagon worth?

I'm considering selling my spooky bandwagon , but on,y if its worth a decent amount as I've had it since new and its too nice to give away.

Frame is pearl white , and hasn't been used since professionally painted. Brakes need bleeding as its been sat for several years in my bedroom.

Frame- spooky bandwagon
Fork - z1 CR
Cranks - profile
Headset - Chris king
Mech - XTR
Shifter - XT
Bars - Azonic chubby
Stem - Azonic hammer or shorty - both included
Pedals - v12
Wheels - 24 inch sun rhino on hope big uns
Tyres - irc
Brakes - hope c2
Seat - xlite pss1

It's as perfect as can be

Re: How much is my perfect spooky bandwagon worth?

Hello, lovely bike.

Place to ask for valuations is here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681

There have been a few for sale on here recently that you can use as a guide also, plus of course looking at eBay as there have been a few sold recently on there too.

Good luck!

Re: How much is my perfect spooky bandwagon worth?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've seen a few sell but they never seem of comparable spec and condition. If its less than £1k I'd keep it but I've no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back