When you are cycling...

thanks for answering cyclists!

I did suspect variety, but it's still an interesting read.

I expected a lot more "wiind vs cake", or a mantra...but I guess a mantra breath would mess thngs up.

Thinking about cake is too much of a distraction, and also tend to shorten the intended ride route.

My mantra on hills " just keep pedalling" :oops:

RobMac":3v72ic6v said:
We_are_Stevo":3v72ic6v said:
I simply cannot understand anyone who ventures near traffic with headphones on! :x

+1 :?
+ :twisted: being the traffic, I forget about cyclists until they bounce up the bonnet. It's not about caring/uncaring it just doesn't come to mind at the top of the food-chain, and there's also the overpopuilation issue if your natural predator iis absent/careful

battyfreezer":16efhrax said:
RobMac":16efhrax said:
We_are_Stevo":16efhrax said:
I simply cannot understand anyone who ventures near traffic with headphones on! :x

+1 :?
+ :twisted: being the traffic, I forget about cyclists until they bounce up the bonnet. It's not about caring/uncaring it just doesn't come to mind at the top of the food-chain, and there's also the overpopuilation issue if your natural predator iis absent/careful

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

well i can't see the problem with wearing headphones riding a bike myself.
makes my journeys much more enjoyable on my own.
and headphones don't stop me using my eye's.
if someones going to hit me on the road, lack of headphones wont make the impact any lighter.
in all the years ( 30+) i have ridden my bike with headphones, not once have i had a problem.
but i respect anyone who decides to not wear headphones.

When i am cycling i listen to a cacophony of noise -
my knees creaking
my lungs wheezing
my heat drumming loudly
and my brain ticking.

Music would be nicer!

Richard

Back