Hope it doesn't turn out to be a lemon

Certainly no lemon. However, I still can't see me taking this bike out in preference to my 2001 Rock Lobster Ti. Probably keeping it just to use on Retrorides. Decided to build this up as a mixed bag of components, to keep the cost down for the time being, and until I see how I get on with it.

Mixed bag of components has resulted in a few anomolies:

1) Mismatched wheels ( but both run so nicely)
2) 2 speed up front because I had a 2 speed suntour FD (would have accommodated 3 speed but I did not like the front chain ring I had)
3) good condition short cage M750 RD from 2001 ( could not bring myself to use the tatty period XT RD I had)
4) M737 cassette ( originally 8 speed but have removed 2nd sprocket to make it a seven speed)

Will give this a try locally, but probably keep it aside for the upcoming Peak and/or Cotswold retro rides.

Rob

Attachments

• DSC02067.JPG
    DSC02067.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC02069.JPG
    DSC02069.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC02074.JPG
    DSC02074.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC02081.JPG
    DSC02081.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 195
The frame and forks looks great

I hope you end up loving it and bring all those other bits and bobs up to scratch as you go along

Overall it creates a very nice aesthetic impression even as a parts bin special!

Fantastic job on the frame there fella, it looks great. Definitely think you made the right decision. Inspiring!

Back