painful knuckles during and after rides...

dyna-ti":34hvwe2s said:
They arent dragging on the ground as you walk are they ?

Hey!

BarneyRubble":34hvwe2s said:
Thanks guys! Local doc is really unhelpful. They just say rest and take anti-inflammatories, which doesn't solve the issue! Basically any issues over the years have met with the same response; give up whatever it is that causes the issue! I think they'd prefer it if I weighed 50st and they could spend £000's on surgery and counselling!

If you're not happy go back, and tell them you're not happy, and if necessary, that you want a second opinion. Has your doctor just been dismissive about this, or asked any pertinent questions?

Don't be afraid to say you want a second opinion - I've done that before now, and there's nothing wrong with it.

The History Man":34hvwe2s said:
Glucosamine and chondroitin ! Check it out. Seriously.

I don't see the harm in it, but...

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/p ... pplements/

Glucosamine manages into the "slight" region - probably generously, chrondroitin doesn't make it into the funky bubbles, as there is no evidence, least that's encouraging above placebo. The supplement industry is rife with claims, and anecdotal evidence, but much of it is completely unsubstantiated by actual studies, so take with a pinch of salt - well not literally - I doubt it's harmful, so the worst that could happen is you're out of pocket a bit, but you may feel better because you believe you will.

(see: http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c4675 for the actual study relating to joint pain)

My lab doesn't know he's taking it and he's improved hugely. How do you explain that away then. Also used as horse supplement with good results and they don't know they're taking it either.

(Lights blue touch paper and retires to a safe distance)

The History Man":74tuezvh said:
My lab doesn't know he's taking it and he's improved hugely. How do you explain that away then. Also used as horse supplement with good results and they don't know they're taking it either.

(Lights blue touch paper and retires to a safe distance)

How do I explain that away? Well dogs, nor horses are human. And for the purposes of medical studies, neither are rats.

Anyway, I'm not saying you should take my word on it - I'm just saying medical studies, to actually test whether it does actually help humans with arthritis show bubcas.

If you want to spend on it, and you believe it helps you - every strength to you.

Chance are it's not actually your fingers are the problem...

...more likely your wrists; touch of the carpal tunnel syndrome perhaps?

Almost certainly CTS then; try this simple exercise...

...stand facing a wall at just over arm length away; hold both arms straight out in front of you at shoulder height with your palms towards the wall, fingers pointing up; now lean against the wall; whilst doing this rotate both hands, palms flat against the wall until your fingers are pointing straight down; hold this position for 60 seconds then relax.

You will find that it hurts like hell to begin with; you're stretching the inflamed tendons the opposite way to that which causes the problem, but after a while it gets easier and the symptoms less troubling...

...mine was so bad I couldn't even point my finger to put my PIN in at the checkout! :oops:

The thing to do is keep up the exercise once it starts to feel better or the symptoms soon get worse again!

Its it is CTS it will not affect every finger, and generally is not felt just in the knuckle, a simple injection will sort it out in most (but not all cases) I went from being unable to write a envelope with out taking a brake to my right hand being able to be used to its full extent, in a few hours.

Don't hold on so tight and if it turns blue let go. . . . ..

The-Art-of-Despicable-Me-2_-evil-minion-finished.jpg

YOUR PROBLEM MAY NOT BE THE BIKE.

I'll get me coat.

could be similar to white finger, what road diggers used to suffer from until they changed the vibrating machinery use laws.

Back