Purple Ano GT RTS....rare??

I didn't know you could extend the travel,I don't suppose you still have the diamentions written down so that we could get some made up by some one with a Cnc machine?

Or dare I ask sell that spare one to me??

I won't sell my spare, but I could do a 2D drawing or a 3D model of the rocker if someone want's to venture down that road. Sorry, don't have access to Solidworks, only Inventor.

They're pretty easy to make and they only use skate board bearings which are easy to find. The trick is the spacer between the bearings.

I still have my jigs somewhere, but not sure I'd want to bother with it again. I still don't have a CNC, just a trusty old Bridgeport. :cool:

Clearly not an RTS-1 or Team....Just an RTS. They were sold with the RTS only decal as a naked frame set. Judging by the questionable mix of components it was built up. Certainly never came that way out of the box.

Yea knew something was up with that rocker. Haven't seen anyone with one for a loooooooooong time
A few guys in Cairns (Queensland Australia) had them, made them more "springy" but also shortened the life span of the frame massively!
Apparently Nicolas Vouilloz had some custom rockers for his RTS in his GT early days but then the lts came around.
Neat work with the rocker looks pro, back to the purple RTS I'd whack some Judy XC's on there. will suit the look and period nicely ;)

Definitely made them more springy, but it was nicer for doing downhill runs.......well, that is, as downhill runs went in the mid '90's. Certainly wouldn't want to try it on something they bomb down today. :shock: :LOL:

For the purple frame, I have been watching a bunch of Judy's on Ebay, just waiting for the 'right pair' to come along. There's a lot of clapped out Judy's on ebay, I'm trying to find that jewel amidst the junk.

I'm kinda stuck on something as trivial as color. :roll: :LOL: I want something that will look good with the purple. Judy's came in quite the variety of colors over the years. I keep going back to the silver, but it's kind of an ugly silver. :LOL:

I do have an old set of Mag's that are either 10's or 20's. I think they're 10's as they came off a '93 RTS-2. I'm not sure how to tell them apart besides color and I stripped and painted these way back when. Now I can't remember what color they used to be. :oops: They are completely stuck now and I would have to restore them. They have the Englund long travel kit that was available back then and I doubt I'd find parts for that, so I'd have to find a bunch of original parts. It's not like they're 21's so I'm not sure it's worth it and would rather just get something else.

Re:

That is a 1994 GT RTS TEAM bike, not many out there that are this actual bike being the team bike, many get it confused with the rts-3 cause of the color, which that bike came out after this one. It's a very nice bike I had the exact bike when I mountain bike raced, loved that bike got rid out it like an idiot now I want another one again and very hard to find. You got yourself a nice ride right there keep it, make it yours and enjoy it

nice bike
is that the dreaded b/b shell crack on your team rts ? I hope not
mags can be modded to long travel by shortening a bush in the fork , look for fluffychickens wise words on this
I did this mod a few years ago , easy peasy , makes them a bit more flexy though , for a GT it has to be period rock shocks

mike

Latest posts

Back