Your wrong!

the article is nonsense. It is not a case of being wrong, it is not knowing. Bascially take teenage pregancies - I have not idea whsat the rate is per 1,000 teenagers so I am not wrong in any way but giben a choices of it being 10, 20, 100, 600 then if I make a guess and get it wrong I become wrong.

guess it is a quiet news week.

highlandsflyer":spfkm5sm said:
The government and opposition have fallen hook line and sinker for the scaremongering. They have allowed those preying on ignorance to set the agenda and dictate the nature of the debate. Sad times.

I thought it was the government doing the scaremongering?

Who ARE the public? That's us right? We the people. I wonder who they asked?

"I have no desire to belong to any club that would have me as a member"

the article supports what I have always believed, you are all wrong, and by process of elimination, I must be right........

I rest my case....................and will get my coat

Foreign aid might be only 1.1% but that is something like £10bn. The real question is how many people think that is too much? I know I do.

Likewise with pretty much every other stat there, I can think immigrants make up 31% all day long (I find hard to believe people think that but anyway) but given the true figure of 13% I might still find that objectionable. Ditto JSA etc etc.

The public thinks the state spends too much on shite. The public is correct, although they think it's even worse than it really is. I notice the article is big on percentages and low on numbers, which is convenient.

technodup":2i3sw7ol said:
Foreign aid might be only 1.1% but that is something like £10bn. The real question is how many people think that is too much? I know I do.

Likewise with pretty much every other stat there, I can think immigrants make up 31% all day long (I find hard to believe people think that but anyway) but given the true figure of 13% I might still find that objectionable. Ditto JSA etc etc.

The public thinks the state spends too much on shite. The public is correct, although they think it's even worse than it really is. I notice the article is big on percentages and low on numbers, which is convenient.
We give just under a billion in aid to India every year, and only half gets to its intended recipients, the rest being euphemistically described as "leakage".

There's a big gulf between people not having the figures on tap when accosted in the street by researchers, and between having legitimate options on the nation's finances, immigration etc.

In any case, this was The Independent, the Daily Fail for those a bit up themselves.

Latest posts

Back