Embarrassing children

I don't actually recall these myself but:

When I was under 4 I was running around in the doctor's surgery waiting room when a lady took the seat next to my mum... I of course rather loudly stated "Mum! That big fat woman stole my seat!"

At a similar age on seeing my first black man (Wigan wasn't very ethnically diverse in the 70's, at least the part I lived in): "Mum! Is that man going for a bath?!"

In the fruit & veg market: "but mum... I've never tasted a pear!" (cue looks from nearby strangers who must have thought I was a very deprived boy)

One I do remember personally was my sister, too young to be able to pronounce the "s" sound well: "Mum... Can I have some farties?" (loudly of course, in the queue at the supermarket)

And finally, my niece when she was around 3 (her mum, my sister, had a habit of muttering "idiots" under her breath on seeing motorcyclists riding too fast):
(motorcyclist dismounts and removes helmet nearby) "Look mum, an Idiot!" - while pointing at the rather well built, heavily tattooed biker.

We were talking after dinner about helicopter cat, I'd showed it to my oldest son today, he wants his body to be turned into a helicopter when he dies, then he mentioned Jackass, apparently they tried to get their gran stuffed, which led to discussions of what you could do with a stuffed gran :roll: then my oldest daughter suggested sex toy :shock: at this point my oldest said I think that's too much, stuff your gran so you can stuff your gran :oops:

Alison

Isaac_AG":33pbtvej said:
We were talking after dinner about helicopter cat, I'd showed it to my oldest son today, he wants his body to be turned into a helicopter when he dies, then he mentioned Jackass, apparently they tried to get their gran stuffed, which led to discussions of what you could do with a stuffed gran :roll: then my oldest daughter suggested sex toy :shock: at this point my oldest said I think that's too much, stuff your gran so you can stuff your gran :oops:

Alison

:shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock:

MY wife's aunt worked for many years at a local builders merchants that also have a kitchen and bathroom showroom (this was 20 years ago).

One quiet Sunday with very little going on and a few people wandering around the showroom and little voice rang out from the bathroom section "MUMMY... I'VE FINISHED!"

Back