Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Spoiler It Turned Out Nice Again!

technodup":12hfvhga said:
Only soured by the fat twat Salmond embarrassingly pulling out his wee flag to make a petty political point. Cameraman soon saw to that. Tosser.

There were plenty of other Scottish flags at Wimbledon besides this one; no worse than Camerons smug rich mug lapping it up...

...who happens to be more Scottish than anything else anyway!

Let's keep it about Murray though; much more palatable topic... :cool:

Ewan+McGregor.jpg

There is never a 'need', as such, for flag waving. Just comes naturally to a proud Scot, who can perfectly naturally also be a proud Brit.
article-2203434-1504BDE9000005DC-570_634x434.jpg

chris-hoy-olympics-flag-image-2-247495652.jpg

highlandsflyer":15jwd75q said:
There is never a 'need', as such, for flag waving. Just comes naturally to a proud Scot, who can perfectly naturally also be a proud Brit.
Is Salmond a proud Brit? Or is he a parochial twat using someone else's day to make his own wee political point?

William Wallace and Gromit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 241

Always strikes me that every country in the world is fiercely proud of its nationality except ours; which is made up of three separate countries each with their own identities; though with mixed Scottish, French and Irish heritage myself I am something of a fence-sitter! :LOL:

Go Murray!

technodup":22f8oc3s said:
highlandsflyer":22f8oc3s said:
Is Salmond a proud Brit? Or is he a parochial twat using someone else's day to make his own wee political point?

I think you can work out Salmond is not a proud 'Brit', as such.

He is no more parochial, and certainly no more of a twat, than the present Westminster PM.

Salmond has at least as much right to celebrate the victory of one of his countrymen as Cameron has, in the fashion he chooses.

How does one define one's nationality? Birth? Lineage? Affinity? Convenience?

Just a question, maybe a whole thread?

Some people are twats. Some people can't help but shoehorn their own point in whether it's relevant or not. It's usually fairly obvious when that happens.

Hope you don't mean me? Was just wondering as I'm English by birth with unknown origins. Not sure if Murray is mine if you know what I mean.

Back