• TSC's (Barrie Clarke's) 1996 Raleigh

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Spwal's 1994 Yeti ARC AS

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Tigern's 1996 Klein Attitude

Votes: 16 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many thanks for all the votes and the kind words!

Nader":11q3n7b1 said:
Ibis was and is certainly one of the best touring bikes but compared with some mountain bikes showed in this BOTM is far behind (I mean the riding characteristics). That's why the brand has not managed to be at the top.

When is a brand on the top? I don't get it. I agree on the touring bike character, that's why I like it.
It also has a bit to do with your body dimensions. In the past I owned a few MountainGoats, a Yeti ProFro, SC Tazmon, to name only a few. Borrowed a YoEddy. Compared to my Ibis Custom or SS models, they rode like ***t. If one has long legs and short torso/arms, the Ibis geometry is one of the best.

Components? I can't see anything particularly or spectacular bit on it.

Depends on. What about the clamp-on stem years before Aheadset stems?
And it took me years to find the silver WTB hubs/headset. And the 26.0mm clamp handlebars.

Or is it the original paint job? never understood what is supposed to be special at this paint job?

As said before, depends on taste.

But I know it's built with passion and well staged, therefore deserved to win.
Congratulations to you Huelse :D ...and I am sure we will see more beautiful bikes of you.

Thank you!

Wow, what a runaway Ibis victory! Well deserved - congrats Huelse :cool:

As for the earlier comment about the brand being 'on top'. I for one believe that Ibis have produced the most innovative bikes ever - e.g. Bow Ti, Silk Ti & Szazbo and as such sit at the top of my list. Hopefully I'll own one, or all 3, one day...

In the early days, Ibis was a pioneer of aggressive and nimble geometry, reflecting Scot's passion for going fast and trials. IMNSHO, their paint was some of the best.

Nadar has spilled nothing but sour grapes over losing...

I have 10 fats and 2 Ibis'

His comment about IBIS never being on top is ridiculous.

They were always a boutique brand, my two - handle like a dream.

Ibis was never out to take over the world, just a little piece of it...

BTW, IBIS is still in biz, with one of the top full suspension bikes out there...FAT Chance is by way of the DODO.

As far as bike set up and handling, that seat post on his set up must be resting near his prostate.

I hear coughing, for dollars spent restoring and not winning BOTM

thanks to the one person out there that voted for my ride

and congrats to the very SPECIAL Ibis.

elPedro666":21zqkipf said:
but only six votes for DrCarlos' glorious Raleigh?! Any other month is have been all over that beauty!

Now that the vote is over... I feel free to comment - the Raleigh got my vote, I was one of those six. It's what I would have picked BITD, and still now.

...and a heartfelt "Thankyou" to the enlightened 'Dirty Dozen' who voted for a bike I wouldn't swap for any of the others :cool:

Nader":25thzvci said:
JustKev":25thzvci said:
Nader":25thzvci said:
A Ibis is a beautiful bird but as a bike it is not convincing. ...and it's a pity that many dont know this fact.

Without pulling the thread way OT can you expand on that statement?
Actually the statement is complete and needs no further explanation, it relates in general to the Ibis brand.

Ibis was and is certainly one of the best touring bikes but compared with some mountain bikes showed in this BOTM is far behind (I mean the riding characteristics). That's why the brand has not managed to be at the top.

I'm even more confused by your statement but everybody differs in their opinion. Personally, mine rides great and like tvcreative said, the brand is one of the top selling bikes in America and highly rated by its legion of riders.

tvcreative":3281q6vc said:

I have 10 fats and 2 Ibis'

10 FATs but just 2 Ibis'? I wish you even more Ibis mate! ;)

At least I'm loyal and like my brand while you don't even know what you like. Maybe in the next BOTM a Ritchey or again a FAT is the bettermost for you.

Sorry I can't help you unfortunately.

Oh man I love BOTM :D so it suits me well...

girlonbike":2uxfxaya said:
.. the brand is one of the top selling bikes in America and highly rated by its legion of riders.
oh yes I know that. I also have an Ibis built in 2012. It's my best DH bike :mrgreen:

Back