Kona Kilauea seatpost

madape

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Can anyone offer advise on seatpost sizes?

I'm after a new seatpost for my Kilauea but the nearest size available seems to be 27.2.

Will a 27.2 seatpost fit a 1994 Kilauea?

Many thanks.....

I appreciate it's a 27.0 but will a 27.2 fit...not sure on the tolerancers and whether .2mm is sufficeint to stop it fitting.

No it won't fit. Posts need to be snug.

However, you might just find that yours is one of the rare ones (mine is too) where the seat tube stayed dead round and did not ovalize during welding and a 27.2 will fit.

Thank you. I was looking at a Thomson and they do not appear to be available in silver in the 27.0.

I'll just have to wait and see what comes up.

Thanks again for the help.

My 2001 Kilauea, which supposedly shares the same size seat pipe as pre 97 ones, is indeed a 27mm, yet I have fitted a 27.2 Thomson layback. I did this by marking seat height/insertion point on the post, then carefully rubbing down the inserted section with 1500 wet and dry. I didnt have to remove all of the ribbing for it to fit, just the tops of the ridges, so the post still grips inside the frame perfectly fine

I had to do this becasue at the time, although 27mm was available, it was only either straight or silver, not black and layback

G

Latest posts

Back