Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Tigern's 1996 Klein Attitude

Votes: 16 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huelse":2pbxrp7e said:
JSO":2pbxrp7e said:
makster":2pbxrp7e said:
Why not take the time and effort to take good pictures that show off what is a work of art in my eyes :cool:
I learned a long time ago that simply entering a good bike isn't enough in BoTM.
The standards are high, so you have to present what you've got in as good a light as possible.
Sadly what few shekels I can scrounge go straight into Vintage Mountain Bikes.
Paying for a Professional Photo shoot or purchasing a high end DSLR and lighting aint gonna happen anytime soon. :cry:

Aint gonna stop me from voting for someone with access to the above though :D

I have no DSLR, just a little Panasonic Lumix. And my "studio" looks like this:

I won't vote for a bike that looks as though it was shot in a studio as a general rule. A good pic is required, but all you need is a nice setting and a sunny day. A pic should be out in the real world, showing the bike gets ridden. I as a general rule will never vote for a garage queen.

Pyro Tim":1hlg30fd said:
I won't vote for a bike that looks as though it was shot in a studio as a general rule. A good pic is required, but all you need is a nice setting and a sunny day. A pic should be out in the real world, showing the bike gets ridden. I as a general rule will never vote for a garage queen.

I tend to agree...but you do realize this bike gets ridden often (with pics to prove it).

This bike is everything. Original paint, full period correct build down to every last detail. The time was taken for a proper photoshoot. It also gets ridden as intended, so after all this effort...its a fully functional usable classic mountain bike and not a garage queen.

Every few months I check out the BOTM, and each time I can't fathom why comments are allowed in the voting thread. I keep coming back, hoping it wont bother me so much, but it always does. Lobby me all you want in the nomination thread, but the actual vote should be a private affair.

Yearly rant over. Carry on.

i love all three of the Fats, and normally I really like the aquafade and violet colours, but that black one really hits a high note with me.

shogun700":2i3ff8t5 said:
Every few months I check out the BOTM, and each time I can't fathom why comments are allowed in the voting thread. I keep coming back, hoping it wont bother me so much, but it always does. Lobby me all you want in the nomination thread, but the actual vote should be a private affair.

Yearly rant over. Carry on.

BOTM is much more than just voting for the coolest bike. I dig it and wish I had a horse in the game every month:

Banter, dialogue, conspiracy, education, nationalism, bickering, predictable, praise, poking, advertising etc..........

The list is endless and not always for the soft at heart. I may not agree with alot said in a BOTM thread, but I sure enjoy reading it.

Love the aquafade eddy and the Yeti ARC AS - Yeti yellow always looks so brash and purposeful - fantastic. To contribute to the general debate (why the hell not) personally I vote for the bike I look at and go, 'ooooooooh'. Bugger anything else. :) Going to have to be the Yeti - just hits all the right mid-90s agro notes for me. :)

shogun700":94i3chq1 said:
I can't fathom why comments are allowed in the voting thread. I keep coming back, hoping it wont bother me so much, but it always does. Lobby me all you want in the nomination thread, but the actual vote should be a private affair.

Agree 100%

highlandsflyer":2k8o0knk said:
shogun700":2k8o0knk said:
I can't fathom why comments are allowed in the voting thread. I keep coming back, hoping it wont bother me so much, but it always does. Lobby me all you want in the nomination thread, but the actual vote should be a private affair.

Agree 100%

Glad I'm not the only one... :cool:

Back