White Industries cranks

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Pair of cranks (not the extremely rare ones), 175, square taper, polish up nicely. However non-drive side has a small surface crack of about 10mm at the taper although I think they can still be used but at 15 stone I think I may be a little 'burly' (I noticed the crack when I arrived in France 10 days ago, did over 300 miles on road up mountains, crack was no bigger when I finished). Would look great on a non-riding special.

Please note that these are not the cranks I got off here a few months ago, I've had them for a couple of years.

Can do photos. Offers.

Could include two Stronglight chainrings, a 44t and a 32t, 400 road miles only, cost over £25 each as a guide.

Cranks look like this, sadly my limited photographic skills were insufficient to show up the crack (on the back of the crank near the taper hence I only noticed when I refitted them).

Ed

Attachments

• White Industry Cranks.JPG
    White Industry Cranks.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 2,617
I've got the same setup (the Jap ones, not the US ones)

Apparently the Jap ones are not as good but mine are superb. Very happy with them. With a brand new XT bottom bracket they feel really strong and I can't feel any flex or give in them when I put the boot down.

need a new middle ring tho (still) as the new chain isnt settling on it properly.

Aphex2k

May be able to do you a barely used Stronglight 32t middle ring for your cranks if I sell the above.

Let me know if you are interested

Quite possibly yeah. I've been a bit naughty on the sneaky ebay purchases of recent and the missus has caught on. Just bought a Leatherman Charge Ti off ebay with case and bits for £45 (she's gonna kill me with it, or at least use the pliers on my nads!)

What sort of price are you thinking of?

cheers bud.

just been well and truly busted re: ebay purchases! missus came in, said she had been on my ebay to "see how my auctions were doing" and said "what is a leatherman and why have you spent 45 quid on it?"

*sigh*

so will have to pass on the chainring for now - much obliged for the offer. if it's still about in a week or so, when the heat is off, then i'll probably have it ;)

Back