Today I was mostly riding.....

weeman_mtb":1muzjbu1 said:
Good stuff petipal, some lovely looking towpath in the last couple of shots, are they between the Stourton junction and Stourport? I haven't explored that part of the canal yet as I usually take the right up to Wolverhampton when I come down from Merryhill on my 35ish mile canal loop. Just out of interest roughly how far is it from the Stourton junction to Stourport? I'd like to do this one day when I've got a whole day free, whether I'll ever get a whole day free is another matter :? .

Nice shot of the glass cone BTW, we were in there the other week, it's like the Tardis :shock: .

Whole journey from the waterfront to Stourport in about twenty miles all in, think it was about five or six miles from the waterfront to the stourton junction - something like that. Canal gets absolutely glorious as you get down towards Kinver though (so that sort of area). Beautiful rolling meadows at one point (on the other sodding bank obviously :D).

Long while since I've been round the Crystal works - we used to go when we were kids and watch them glass blowing; amazing stuff. :) As you get towards Kidderminster / Stourport there are a few pubs on the canals so that may ease the pain of the extra mileage. ;)

Thanks Paul, that makes it roughly 15 miles then, 30 round trip. It'll either be a decent ride and day out or I'll cheat and park at the Stupony :D .

weeman_mtb":1vhmm8rd said:
Thanks Paul, that makes it roughly 15 miles then, 30 round trip. It'll either be a decent ride and day out or I'll cheat and park at the Stupony :D .

You'll be lucky... they demolished it years ago. :D Stourport end looks like this by the way, where the canal meets the Severn. Well... the bit of Stourport that isn't chip papers and brummies in vests. :D

Give me a shout when you have a go... might be tempted to join you, or at the very least throw rotten fruit from the bridge. :)

(And seriously... that shot is NOT representative of Stourport as a whole. :D )

Attachments

• 20130513_211435.jpg
    20130513_211435.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,297
petitpal":33shm1bl said:
weeman_mtb":33shm1bl said:

You'll be lucky... they demolished it years ago. :D

I know but even though it's not there any more most local people I know refer to it as a reference point :D

I believe that there is parking just over the road from the (non existent) Stupony, down by the canal.

I don't know what the chances are of us getting a free day at the same time to go for a ride, we haven't managed it so far!

Rode the Chiltern challenge 100. The first 100 mile ride I have done for well over 10 years.it was 104:miles in total, 4500 feet if up hill and a stiff wind all the way around. Time was 5 hours 51 minutes and averaged 18.1mph
Next up a brewery spin with karl and ed, s classic

Ashton and Leigh Woods trails with NeilM and family. Pleasant ride and company.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,263
Worked all weekend with a back that's still fuc@ed :twisted: :twisted: happy days

Today I have been mostly riding around the FoD (no surprise) and doing a photoshoot for MBUK - check me out :roll:

MY ARMSTRONG!!!! Check it out.

James, when's it coming out so I can get a copy for you to sign?

Back