how to spot shill bidding?

I'd find another bike from another seller.

A lot of this goes on with amateur radio equipment and several big websites have forums dedicated to dodgy eBay sellers of all sorts, which works quite well but requires.a lot of time and effort from the contributors.

that's the other thing i'm thinking, assuming he does relist it, any shill bidding from those same sellers would be very obvious, also 2 bidders wouldn't bid, meaning the winning bidder from the original sale and probably not the yorkshire bidder. so therefore the price should be lower.

what i was hoping to suss out though was, is the 2nd highest bidder actually from yorkshire, if he wasn't the bullshit would be obvious but i can't see how i'd check that.

the time you've spend considering this, you could have earned the extra £30....just buy it now....you only have 1 life...this ain't no dress rehersal............just buy it or don't buy it.....simple! ;)

if you wanted it and were prepared to take £80 go for it or wait and see what he does, just dont kick yourself if it then goes. looks half decent and a decent size. if he relist it the market will decide it value....or hell need two more ebay accounts to shill bid again

It looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, is almost certainly a small aquatic bird of the genus anatidae. Its a shill, and if you buy the bike you encourage him to try it again with someone else.

Back