when is nos not nos?

All I can say on this topic is that I've been buying 951 xtr bits on Ebay for a build and I have found 'normal' used parts tend to be well worn, slightly damaged and lots of xtr grey paint missing. So called NOS or nearly NOS 951 parts were mint, no wear, no paint missing and will now give me years of use and pleasure. So in my experience anything listed as NOS or nearly NOS has been great and I know the part will be 'minty'. Whats not to like? :D

I love it when things are described as "NOS when fitted". Here's a great example..

"XTR M950 Cassette (was NOS when I fitted it - I still have the box for it)"

I won't embarrass the seller by naming him, but he's basically saying that the second hand cassette he's selling is worth having because it was new when he bought it (probably 15 years ago) and he bothered to keep the box (why would you want the box for a cassette anyway?).

Sales genius.

Russell":1q3rknis said:
I love it when things are described as "NOS when fitted". Here's a great example..

"XTR M950 Cassette (was NOS when I fitted it - I still have the box for it)"

I won't embarrass the seller by naming him, but he's basically saying that the second hand cassette he's selling is worth having because it was new when he bought it (probably 15 years ago) and he bothered to keep the box (why would you want the box for a cassette anyway?).

Sales genius.
exactly.

Lets say it - he bottom line is people trot out such exaggeration in the OpenOffice expediting a sale. It's either ignorance, or fraud, and I'm not sure it can be the former as it invariably seems the mis- describing always seems to make the item sound better, not worse. To astonishing a co-incidence to be ignorance.

Back