Oil on sanctions.

OK, thanks so will continue to use and wipe excess oil, see how it goes.
The fork does feel good, no probs with performance for a cheap fork.

The picture below may help you, although the saddle is the wrong was around.
You will need to turn it 180 degrees.

There is a set of these or similar on a Bianchi I have sitting in the garden, the forks are stuck in the locked mode. I will in due course get them on the work bench to have a look at, which will likely involve stripping them down so I will have a deek at the internals.

Maybe they're supposed to leave oil everywhere? Pace used to leave it all over the shop and need a purge after every ride.
Magura used to have oily stanchions as a "design feature"; If there's oil on the stanchions after a ride, there must be oil inside doing it's business. When it dried out- time for a service! Covering for crap seals from 2007-'09. Fitting Fox seals cured it. Can you fit different seals?

highlandsflyer":3oagd1d6 said:
There is a set of these or similar on a Bianchi I have sitting in the garden, the forks are stuck in the locked mode. I will in due course get them on the work bench to have a look at, which will likely involve stripping them down so I will have a deek at the internals.
Usually its the other way round and the lock mode fails leaving it in squidge. Prise off the on/off knob, and use a socket to undo the not beneath (I can't remember the size, poss 17mm?) And withdraw the rod. A good clean and reinsertion(op-er!) Usually cures lockout problems on these.

Back