Lemond maillot jaune

the Lemond may have more build up of carbon behind the head tube Need an identicle standard oclv photo same size frame .

Does anyone know of anyone with a 1996 trek oclv frame in a 60cm size
Or a good soure on the internet for a piccy with geometry included.

Edit: Or even an old catologue scan could solve this mystery, if not call for scooby doo!

oonaff":3ifwf5vl said:
we need a comparison with a trek oclv. if the top tube is longer and fork rake the same and its the same size frame. that would mean the wheel base is longer unless the seat tube has a shallower angle right ? but is the head and seat tube angle parellel.. We need proper diagrams to investigate this or two frames laid flat and used as templates.
I suspect , if the top tube is longer its more likely to be 10 or 15mm this is important otherwise some one could
do a fake with a us post type.

i have read some crap on here in my time,but that is up there with it.it look,s a great bike bennyboy,and i hope you enjoy it

i stand corrected the geometry on the trek is exactly the same as the lemond, top tube length, chainstay length etc!

Oops! :oops:

Bennyboy95":2zy5enxm said:
i stand corrected the geometry on the trek is exactly the same as the lemond, top tube length, chainstay length etc!

Oops! :oops:

that would make sense as most of the cost of building in carbon is the tooling

Thanks for clearing that up bennyboy. I had been pondering since viewing and reading about one in 'reader's road bikes here on this forum .
as for most of the money in production going on tooling , with carbon fibre i reckon quite a big chunk
of money goes in to peoples pockets !

Back