East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Hello and Welcome.
We ride every Tuesday night at 7.00, various locations, but our 'usual' is the village hall car-park at Ticknall. It's always best to check here on a Monday. I think we've missed three Tuesdays in the last four years, so we might vary in number but we're regular. A couple of hours on the bike is followed by an hour or so in The Chequers.
Weekend rides tend to be last minute arrrangements to suit folks free time, but there is usually someone who is happy to get out.

The average number riding on a Tuesday is probably between 6 and 8, and the majority ride modern. The pace is to suit the slowest (usually me). Retrobikes may have brought us together but its the riding and love of cycling that really matters.

The next couple of Tuesdays will be a bit unusual as we are doing an epic one-day coast to coast ride on June 8th, so next Tuesday will be very quiet and the following Tuesday will be a test to see who can still sit on a saddle. It is likely that Ticknall will be the venue.

Look forward to meeting up with you both.

Rob

Yes come along. It's more regular even than Rob suggests - I recall we've only missed 1 Tuesday night in 4 years and that was because the snow was too deep to get to our destination by car!

Hi and welcome,i live near Ashby and am always up for weekend rides and would be glad to show you our local trails,also you have a 8km. blue trail on you're doorstep at Hicks lodge ideal for a quick blast and also has a great Cafe which is open till 9o clock every thurs.for night riding,our Tues.rides sometimes go round there,see you soon.

Thanks for the welcome guys :) We will keep an eye on the rides thread and be out soon. Looking forward to discovering the local trails with you. We've been to hicks lodge so far but nowhere else since i went and did my leg in, doh! :facepalm:

C u soon

Richard.

Best of luck for Mayhem Steve, Gav and Geoff. Should be there to heckle you Saturday evening. Room in the car of anyone wants to join me.

Back