Rigid fork ideas (modern)

Cheers for the replys, still not hit the buy button but closing down on it.

Regarding the offset I understand that increasing the offset will slow down the handling, no idea what my current forks are but how noticable will this be? Those salsa forks in 29'er guise have a 45offest compared to the pace' 50 offset.

When I mentioned I liked the way it rode I was refering more to the angles rather than the obvious change going from sut to rigid would make. As I said the current sagged length of my fork is 470mm which puts me in 29'er rigid fork teritory.

I think iv gone off the idea of carbon as it would play on my mind, I think steel is probably the way I want to go. Are there any other decent forks iv missed.

I also need to find an adaptor for my hub to run QR unless someone knows of a rigid steel fork with 15mm bolt through?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sketchyxup":1xganu3f said:
Cheers for the replys, still not hit the buy button but closing down on it.

Regarding the offset I understand that increasing the offset will slow down the handling, no idea what my current forks are but how noticable will this be? Those salsa forks in 29'er guise have a 45offest compared to the pace' 50 offset.

When I mentioned I liked the way it rode I was refering more to the angles rather than the obvious change going from sut to rigid would make. As I said the current sagged length of my fork is 470mm which puts me in 29'er rigid fork teritory.

I think iv gone off the idea of carbon as it would play on my mind, I think steel is probably the way I want to go. Are there any other decent forks iv missed.

I also need to find an adaptor for my hub to run QR unless someone knows of a rigid steel fork with 15mm bolt through?

More offset will speed up the handling. Gary Fisher's Genesis geometry slackens the head angle and then uses increased offset to keep it from feeling 'dead'.

Back