Alpinestars Al-Mega '92-'91 rewind

Re: Finally I got an Alpinestars Al-Mega

go original ,............... or go just slightly off, a twist so to say, same decals and a standard full DX or XT groupset maybe

.... never seen a green alpinestars estay for example.............

RBG

I'm aiming for slightly off. The pearl will only glint purple along the frame under certain angles, straight on it will look normal. Full DX is whats going on if I can get it all sorted.

Anyone know what size the seatpost is in this? I've tried a 31.6 which is way too big.
I'm thinking it's a 29.6 seatpost. Can anyone with this model confirm?

Survivor build , bit of a touch up ,polish ,and a dx build

I have a shim to make a 27.2 fit an alpine stars al mega in my spares. I can check size later (I don't need it)

Ill try and remember to check the size for you tomorrow
There are 2 sizes of al mega elevated iirc , think 29.4 was one size

Will look tomorrow
Need to find my 3 almegas first

All good 30.9. got a lend of a verniers and measured it this morning. Thanks all

retrobikeguy":2m0bndf9 said:
go original ,............... or go just slightly off, a twist so to say, same decals and a standard full DX or XT groupset maybe

.... never seen a green alpinestars estay for example.............

RBG
As for green A-stars e-stays, Maverick's got a nice repaint and re-decal job here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=122602

I've always thought purple or orange would look cool too, and maybe even switch some of the colors on the decals.

In this case, though, I think original paint and decals still look to be in really good condition, so I vote to keep it original until such time as the decals become faded, which the A-stars fluoro decals seem to do eventually.

Back