Another guess the frame game. Possible Marin?

Just looked at the 1991 catalogue and the specs for the pine mountain look right apart from the seatpost.
The marin tyres fitted were steel bead and the team has kevlar.
It also had the older style dx brakes.
Anyone have a 1990 catalogue?

90 info is tricky to find but ...

Marin1990PineMoutain.jpg

Marin1990TeamMarin.jpg

WD :D

I'm no expert but this looks like a 1991 Marin Pine Mountain.

You will notice the remnants of a pube stuck in the powder coating by the headset. This looks like a grey pube from the bum of Xinang Pong who probably built the frame on a Thursday morning in August. He had Pad Tai for dinner that night.

The bike was shipped in 1990 aboard the MV Dolangapang, registered in Guyana. Upon arrival in Southampton it was unloaded by Barry, driving a Lansing Bagnall 364DE Reach truck. Later that night Barry went on to beat Wesley Thompson in the Soton Dockyard Darts League.

The bike was then sold through South Bank Cycles in South London to a man named Dave Osborne and was collected 14 days after he returned from Magaluf with his friend Malcolm and his girlfriend Siobhan, who never really got over the drunken threesome.

He rode the bike for approximately 5 year s before taking a job with Dayvilles. 32 Flavours ice cream when he relocated to Durham and eventually married. The bike lanquished in his Mum's Tulse Hill garage until it was removed last year when he stripped and powder coated it.

As I said. I am certainly no expert and other than the above I know nothing about this frame.

Mark (planning to get out more)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually mate, I was a rep for them back then and it'sa little known fact that the pad Thai from the nightbbefore made him ill and his mate stepped in, put the cable stop one inch along, thereby changing the course of mtb design and leading the way to disc brakes

Back