1x10 drivetrain

rbike":eaayev1m said:
Been looking at gearhub and I think it is worth to give it a try. User opinions/reviews are a bit discouraging due to malfunctions or short lifetime.

I've probably only done 500-1000 miles yet on my Shimano Alfine 8-speed hub, but so far I'd fully recommend it for use where you don't need the full triple chainset range.

rbike":l4o5ej0v said:
Been looking at gearhub and I think it is worth to give it a try. User opinions/reviews are a bit discouraging due to malfunctions or short lifetime.

From what I've heard the rohloff's are more reliable than the wheel? I think shimano has an 11 speed gear hub available which is supposed to be much better than their earlier options.

gtRTSdh":3qlho9xw said:
rbike":3qlho9xw said:

From what I've heard the rohloff's are more reliable than the wheel? I think shimano has an 11 speed gear hub available which is supposed to be much better than their earlier options.

The newer 8sp nexus hubs have much of the 11 sp internals and are meant to have the same sort reliability. The rohloff is the daddy though. If I ever have 5-700 quid to drop on a gear train upgrade that it will be mine.

It's also worth noting that most of these hubs have far more range than the OP needs.

Back