Classic Jigsaw - is it YOU?

Old Ned":r0b5a7zs said:
Thanks to another forum I have identified the rider in blue - and from what I can gather he might well have been the winner (if it was an actual race). A top rider in both road and TT's from the Walsall RCC, hence the 'W' on his jersey.

Still waiting for someone to come forward about the others.

Now you've identified the club I recognise the rider as well but I'll respect you secrecy. I usually only ever had a rear view of him!

Well, here we go then! For all of you who are agog with waiting to hear the results of my enquiries I have received this from another forum -

"Hi, This jigsaw came up on another discussion site a few years back and after much detective work in fact by Sheila Hardy, who tracked down Jeff Platten - who is in the picture. He said they were from left to right: from the left Jeff Platten, Halesowen, Ken Bradbury, Birmingham Mercury, Alan Pettit, Mercia, Roger Bick, Kynoch CC, Duncan Walsh, GS Rapido, Derek Round, Walsall RC, Freddie Whipp and he was pretty sure that the mostly hidden Royal Sutton rider is Bill Large (looks like him to me, too). In fact he had exactly this picture, framed on his wall. Hope that helps! "

Some well known names in there - if your memory is that good!

I'm going to print this out and keep it with the jigsaw so that any new owner doesn't have to repeat the process!

Back